We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Share This With Friends......+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group. This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.
Share Your Current mid Term Papers (Questions/Pattern) & Past Papers as well here to help each other. Thanks
For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.
For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.
Or visit this link
Please Click on the below link to see…
80 to 90% MCQs were from Moaaz files
1. write the name of three de-normalizing one to many relation techniques (3 marks)
2. write the three name of data quality assessment techniques (3 marks)
3. if u r promoting a new value-added service and u want to target only selected customer, which DWH strategy u will implement. (5 marks)
4. one table was given and u r required to point out additive facts and justify ur answer. (5 marks)
5. OLTP and OLAP table was given u r required to
Differentiate between OLTP and OLAP, following was the table (5 marks)
OLTP vs. OLAP
Feature OLTP OLAP
Level of data Detailed Aggregated
Amount of data retrieved
Views Pre-defined User-defined
Typical write operation Update, insert, delete Bulk insert, almost no
“age” of data Current (60-90 days) Historical 5-10 years and
Tables Flat tables Multi-Dimensional tables
Number of users Large Low-Med
Data availability High (24 hrs, 7 days) Low-Med
Database size Med (GB- TB) High (TB – PB)
Query Optimizing Requires experience Already “optimized”
Table-10.1: Difference between OLTP and OLAP
Muhammad Riaz thanks for sharing
CS614 Solved Mid Term Papers & MCQs
CS614 Mid Term Papers MCQs Mega Files
CS614 current paper 2017
19 Mcqs came from past papers. They came from moaaz, dr tariq hanif and recent 1 to 3 years .doc files.
Mcqs were easy and conceptual.
Subjective questions few from past papers, pardon me for exact wording:
What is realistic data quality? (2 marks)
Why historical data is so important in OLTP? (2 marks)
Write any three Queries differences between OLTP and DWH? (3 marks)
A table was given had to de-normalize it campus wise (with 3 columns, 6 rows). (3 marks) Student_ID, City, Campus_ID (3x columns)
Identify the given statement as correct or incorrect and justify your answer in either case: (5 marks) "If defects are found in the process of attribute domain validation then it is better to fix the error in DWH and leave the data source as it is?"
Identify the types of transformations used for the following two scenarios. (5 marks) One data element form the source system is mapped to several columns in the DWH. One set of values is mapped to another set of values using straightforward rules.
kindlu past 1-3 years ki file share kr dain
1. What is “ranking” in data source selection? Explain with an example
2. Why an Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) is considered an essential part of data warehouse in decision making?
3. Consider an online registration system where you want to check the accuracy of customer’s birth date. Which data quality validation technique will be used by data quality project managers in this case? Briefly explain.
4.Suppose you are a data warehouse development organization and are assigned the project to develop a data warehouse of a private company. The data warehouse will cater the needs of all of the departments (i.e. accounts, inventory, sales and administration.). Being an expert of data warehouse development, from which department you will start and why?
5. Keeping in view the performance factor only, whether you will prefer a single MOLAP cube structure or a cube partitioned in to sub cubes? Consider the context when frequent queries involve joins across partitioned cubes. Justify your answer with reasons