We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Assignment No. 1 (Graded)
Semester Fall 2018
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 22-11-2018
This assignment has been designed to develop your ability to apply De-Normalization Techniques and principles to De-Normalize data/tables.
Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting the assignment:
1. The assignment will not be accepted after due date.
2. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment that does not open or the file is corrupt.
3. The assignment file must be an MS Word (.doc) file format; Assignment will not be accepted in any other format.
4. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment if copied (from other student or copied from handouts or internet).
5. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment if the Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment file.
For any query about the assignment, contact only at CS614@vu.edu.pk
Please do not post queries related to assignment on MDB.
Note: The assignment covers lectures 7-8.
Consider the following part of an ERD of Hotel Reservation System.
Table Collapsing and Pre-Joining are two important techniques of de-normalization. You are required to perform following tasks:
Task 1: Identify all such relations from above given ERD on which Table Collapsing technique can be applied. After that apply table collapsing techniques on tables having such relationships.
Task 2: Identify all such relations from above given ERD on which Pre-joining technique can be applied. After that apply table collapsing techniques on tables having such relationships.
Note: Deadline for assignment submission is 22 November 2018.
Wish you best of Luck!
+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Vu Study Groups By Subject Codes Wise)
Dear Fellows Discuss please about this topicS
primary keys 2 br lgani hein?
Reference nhy Foriegn hoti ha
VU ID: bc123456789
1: Table collapsing will be applied on the table having one to one relation ship so it will be look like this
2: Pre-joining will be applied on table having one to many relationship so it will look like this
I think, final table is only one,