We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

Assignment No. 01
Semester: Spring 2013
CS615 Software Project Management
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 03/05/2013
Objectives of Assignment:
· Your Assignment no 1 covers Lec#1 to Lec#8 Complete.
· You must know the Project management importance and its constraints.
Uploading instructions:
Please view the Assignment Submission Process document provided to you by the Virtual University for
uploading assignments.
· Your assignment must be in .doc format.(Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp, docx
etc will not be accepted).
· No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
· The assignment is submitted after due date.
· The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
· Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Assignment
Question 1: 10 Marks
Identify from the given situations, which one is project and which one is a process? Identify each with one line
solid reason. (0.5 + 0.5 =1 Mark Each)
1. Designing a map for new office building.
2. Constructing a new office building.
3. Changing the oil of a vehicle.
4. Conducting polling for Election.
5. Developing Core i5 computer based system.
6. Loading of Luggage in a vehicle.
7. Payroll calculation of staff members.
8. Deploying a traffic plan system.
9. Teaching particular subject to a class.
10. Civil services competitive examination 2013.
Question no 2: 10 Marks
Suppose you are required to develop a Hospital Management System for providing different online services to the
patient attenders and the staff, which is considered as the complex system as along with patient record, medicinal
record is also kept, which keeps on changing with the demanding requirement of the health sector. You being a
Software Project Manager facing different requirements changing time to time by the management of the
hospital. You are leading a team of software engineers and you need to choose the process model first for having
an effective design model before proceeding to coding phase. Which process model you choose and why you
choose the selected process model? State with any four solid reasons.
2 + (2*4= 8) = 10 Marks
NOTE: Submit “.doc” file only. Every student should provide his/her own work, exact copying of the
assignment (or some portion of the assignment) from the internet or other students will lead to copy case and zero
marks will be awarded. Different softwares will be used to check plagiarism in assignments. Do not put any
query on MDB about this assignment, if you have any query then email at CS615@vu.edu.pk
Deadline:
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 3nd May 2013.

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 2434

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

my dear vu friends plz teach on an other here. thanks

zahoor bhai ya assignment tu hamary pas bhi ha solution upload karain bna k zara jaldiiiiiiiiiii

assignment bnao bacho 

kitni ghalt baat ha 

abhi tak koi bhi solution nahi aya va

buhat lazy ho gaye ho sab 

kindly upload the solution

sir tariq yahan bhi post karain na solution :(

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

abhi tk no idea ,,,,,,,,

The Prototyping Model:

A model that works on an iterative cycle of gathering customer requirements, producing a prototype based on the requirement specifications, and getting the prototype validated by the customer. Each iteration of the life cycle builds on the prototype produced in the previous iteration.

The Spiral model:

Another evolutionary life cycle model that combines the linear nature of the waterfall model and the iterative nature of the Prototyping model. The project life cycle is divided into phases, and each phase is executed in all of the iteration of the Spiral Model.

You should use Prototyping model:

The client is not clear about the requirements of the proposed system or when there is a conflict in client requirements.

You should use Spiral Model:

The basic goal of using the Spiral model is to define ways of eliminating risks in the design phase. Consequently, minimum and manageable risks percolate into the development phase.

(Reference hand outs page. No 67 & Lecture. No 26)

“I am slight confuse between these two options, I guess correct choice is Prototyping model, any suggestion

Asif Muhammad thanks for sharing 

wrong answer

sir kindly question ko ghor say paray......

hum nay dekhna ha k kon sa process ha or kon sa project

regardssssssssssssss..........

yes me agree with u imran bro. according to the question i think designin a map for new office building is process because this will help us to acheiving specific goals of the project in construting a new offfice building. 

Tell me if iam wrong

with solid reason

i think Waterfall Model is very good for this project 

RSS

Latest Activity

+ Danial replied to +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion Shadi Ho Rhi Hai Alhamdulillah.......... (^__^)!
26 seconds ago
+ Danial liked +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion Shadi Ho Rhi Hai Alhamdulillah.......... (^__^)!
43 seconds ago
Profile IconNimra zahid, Aisha RD, Muhammad ishfaq and 30 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
7 minutes ago
+ Iuuoɔǝut + posted videos
7 minutes ago
MUDASAR SHAKIL posted a status
"Mujhe Suspend kyon kar diya jata ha chat se yar"
10 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Happy Marriage to "Zee" & " Nomi weds Noor"....!
32 minutes ago
Aiman posted a status
"Hello students I am new please tell me their is any student of Bs Psychology I have a problem to make Isl201 assignment please help me"
34 minutes ago
Scorpio liked +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion Shadi Ho Rhi Hai Alhamdulillah.......... (^__^)!
37 minutes ago
Sidra Mustafa replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT610 Business Ethics GDB Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group MGT610 Business Ethics
52 minutes ago
Sidra Mustafa joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
52 minutes ago
Imran Khan replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion MTH601 Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group MTH601 Operations Research
1 hour ago
Profile IconImran Khan, Hashim and Aakash Ahmed joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Mehαr Mαh꧂ replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT201 Financial Management GDB Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion Last Date: 22-11-2019 in the group MGT201 Financial Management
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Mehαr Mαh꧂ liked + M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT201 Financial Management GDB Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion Last Date: 22-11-2019
1 hour ago
+"Khwab Zaadi"+ liked + M.Tariq Malik's discussion MTH501 Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion Due Date: 19-11-2019
1 hour ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT201 Financial Management GDB Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion Last Date: 22-11-2019 in the group MGT201 Financial Management
1 hour ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT201 Financial Management GDB Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion Last Date: 22-11-2019 in the group MGT201 Financial Management
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Profile IconAmna Imran and Nisha Khan joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Mehαr Mαh꧂ replied to +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion Shadi Ho Rhi Hai Alhamdulillah.......... (^__^)!
1 hour ago

Today Top Members 

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service