We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Assignment No. 01
CS615 Software Project Management
Total Marks: 15
Due Date: 06/05/2014
Objectives of Assignment:
Please view the Assignment Submission Process document provided to you by the Virtual University for uploading assignments.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Identify from the given situations, which one is project and which one is a process? Any Five (1+1+1+1+1=5, 1 Mark Each)
Question no 2: 10 Marks
Suppose you are required to develop an online Garments Inventory Management System for providing different online services to the customers and the staff, which is considered as the complex system as along with sales, purchase record is concerned. The customers demand keeps on changing with the demanding requirement of the market trend. You being a Software Project Manager facing different requirements changing time to time by the management of the inventory at store. You are leading a team of software engineers and you need to choose the process model first for having an effective design model before proceeding to coding phase. Which process model you choose and why you choose the selected process model? State with any three solid reasons.
4 + (2*3= 6) = 10 Marks
NOTE: Submit “.doc” file only. Every student should provide his/her own work, exact copying of the assignment (or some portion of the assignment) from the internet or other students will lead to copy case and zero marks will be awarded. Different softwares will be used to check plagiarism in assignments. Do not put any query on MDB about this assignment, if you have any query then email at CS615@vu.edu.pk
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 6 th May 2014.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
are you sure the prototype is best
Sir , Tariq 2nd question main kiya karna hai? kon sa model use karain plzz help and explain it .....
koi btay na k kon sa model use hoga
prototype model use ho ga
1) When prototype is shown to the user, he gets a proper clarity and 'feel' of the functionality of the software and he can suggest changes and modifications.
2) This type of approach of developing the software is used for non-IT-literate people. They usually are not good at specifying their requirements, nor can tell properly about what they expect from the software.
3) When client is not confident about the developer's capabilities, he asks for a small prototype to be built. Based on this model, he judges capabilities of developer.
4) Sometimes it helps to demonstrate the concept to prospective investors to get funding for project.
5) It reduces risk of failure, as potential risks can be identified early and mitigation steps can be taken.
6) Iteration between development team and client provides a very good and conductive environment during project.
7) Time required to complete the project after getting final the SRS reduces, since the developer has a better idea about how he should approach the project.
Question No. 2
Prototype Process Model is the best available model that can fulfill the requirements of an online Garments Inventory Management System. Any online type of business has higher intensity of interactions involved in their business process. Therefore these setups are quite complex in nature. Prototype Model is the most appropriate model which has greater capability to handle complex interactions. This model provides hands on opportunity by the feedback of customers.
Other technical reasons to adopt this model are as follows:
ANYONE WHO ACCESS THIS ASSIGNMENT AT FIRST CAN POST IT DIRECTLY IN YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT MAKING CHANGES. I HAVE MADE IT SEPARATELY. BUT PLEASE DONT FORGET TO POST YOUR MESSAGE HERE THAT YOU HAVE SENT THIS ASSIGN TO VU SO THAT OTHERS SHOULD AVOID TO POST IT WITHOUT MAKING CHANGES.