We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
Assignment No. 04
Semester: Fall 2015
Objectives of Assignment:
CS615-Software Project Management
Total Marks: 10
• You will be able to learn about the Estimation and its Importance.
• You will be able to learn the concepts of Estimating the Project size, techniques and tools.
• Your assignment must be in .doc format.(Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp,
docx etc. will not be accepted).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
• Your Assignment No. 4 covers Lec#29 to Lec#34.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question no 1:
An XYZ Organization wants to develop MIS system. Using MIS system they can store their employee’s
information. A feasibility report is generated for estimating the cost, resources and time duration and the
project size. Project Manager determines the amounts of effort in person months based on his earlier
experience for the development phase of the MIS system, and express the required cost for a particular
phase of the MIS system. Deliverables of the MIS system is achieving through the user view.
1. You have to suggest that which Estimation Technique can be used for estimating the size of the
MIS system and why?
2. Mention five advantages of the suggested Estimation Technique.
The assignment should be in .doc format. Assignment in any format other than MS Word format will not be
accepted. Every student should provide his/her own work, exact copying of the assignment (or some
portion of the assignment) from the internet or other students will lead to copy case and zero marks will be
awarded. Different softwares will be used to check plagiarism in assignments. If you have any problems
regarding assignments then email us at
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 05th Feb 2016.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
1. Delay estimation until late in the project (obviously, we can achieve 100% accurate estimates after the project is complete!). 2. Base estimates on similar projects that have already been completed. 3. Use relatively simple decomposition techniques to generate project cost and effort estimates. 4. Use one or more empirical models for software cost and effort estimation.
I think the Base estimates Technique will be use .
Guys discuss this assignment please. I will share my thoughts asap.
plz discussion kryn
Base Estimates Technique
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
kia hm FP Technique use kr skte hen to estimate size of MIS? Plz help
Y no one is interested in this discussion?
An alternative method, function points, should be used to estimate software size. Function points are used primarily for management information systems (MISs).
plz koe to solution idea dy
Function Point Technique will be used. Kindly read handouts page 230 FP technique.
just itna bta do k konsi techniq use ho gi