We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Assignment No. 04
Semester: Fall 2015
Objectives of Assignment:
CS615-Software Project Management
Total Marks: 10
• You will be able to learn about the Estimation and its Importance.
• You will be able to learn the concepts of Estimating the Project size, techniques and tools.
• Your assignment must be in .doc format.(Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp,
docx etc. will not be accepted).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
• Your Assignment No. 4 covers Lec#29 to Lec#34.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question no 1:
An XYZ Organization wants to develop MIS system. Using MIS system they can store their employee’s
information. A feasibility report is generated for estimating the cost, resources and time duration and the
project size. Project Manager determines the amounts of effort in person months based on his earlier
experience for the development phase of the MIS system, and express the required cost for a particular
phase of the MIS system. Deliverables of the MIS system is achieving through the user view.
1. You have to suggest that which Estimation Technique can be used for estimating the size of the
MIS system and why?
2. Mention five advantages of the suggested Estimation Technique.
The assignment should be in .doc format. Assignment in any format other than MS Word format will not be
accepted. Every student should provide his/her own work, exact copying of the assignment (or some
portion of the assignment) from the internet or other students will lead to copy case and zero marks will be
awarded. Different softwares will be used to check plagiarism in assignments. If you have any problems
regarding assignments then email us at
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 05th Feb 2016.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
btaya to hy SAM. Function Point. handout page 230
yes FP technique is used for this case
Dear Students Don’t wait for solution post your problems here and discuss ... after discussion a perfect solution will come in a result. So, Start it now, replies here give your comments according to your knowledge and understandings....
this Function point technique is use in the above case because Function Points are units of measure for functional size as defined within the IFPUG Functional Size Measurement (FSM) Method and it is the major global functional sizing methodology.
FP is a standard method for quantifying the software deliverable based upon the user view, where:
• User is any person or thing that communicates or interacts with the software at any time
• User View is the Functional User Requirements as seen by the user
• Functional user requirements describe what the software shall do, in terms of tasks and services.
It is also important to keep in mind that function points look at the logical view, not the physical. So things like coding algorithms, database structure, screenshots of transactions are not counted.
Things that are counted within the Function Points methodology:
• Input files and input transactions (batch interfaces)
• Screens (adds, changes, deletes)
• Control Information
• Internal Logical Files (tables, files with data, control files)
• External tables and referenced files from other applications
• Output files and transactions (batch interfaces)
• Other outputs - reports, files, dvd's, views, notices, warnings
Advantages of function point
a. It can be applied early in the software development life cycle.
b. It is independent of the programming language, technology, techniques.
c. It provides a reliable relationship to effort.
d. Creation of more function points can define productivity goal as opposed to LOC.
e. Productivity of projects written in different languages can be measured.
f. They can be counted early and often.
g. They can be used for GUI systems.
h. It considers environmental factors