We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
Assignment No. 03
CS615 Software Project Management
Objectives of Assignment:
Please view the Assignment Submission Process document provided to you by the Virtual University for uploading assignments.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question 1: 5 Marks
What main tasks are performed to initiate a project, explain them?
Question no 2:
The main purpose of project planning is to guide execution and every knowledge area including planning process. List at least 10 tasks performed during the planning process.
Question no 3: 5 Marks
Consider the given case study:
XYZ is a store for supplying house construction material and dealing with both wholesale and retail business. It has several branches. The current managing director (MD) of the store wants to expand business activities using Information and Communication Technology (ICT). He presented his idea to the other Directors of the business at one of the recent Board Meetings of the Directors and they agreed to allocate some money to initiate the project. However, some Directors felt that this could be a waste of money, while some thinks that there is a significant benefit to the business. He appointed a small team to start the project.
An assistant accountant of this store was appointed as the leader of the team and he was given two other members from new recruits. In addition, MD will also help the team in evaluating and finalizing decisions.
The project team was instructed to use ICT in three directions:
Name the five possible stakeholders of this project?
NOTE: Submit “.doc” file only. Every student should provide his/her own work, exact copying of the assignment (or some portion of the assignment) from the internet or other students will lead to copy case and zero marks will be awarded. Different softwares will be used to check plagiarism in assignments. Do not put any query on MDB about this assignment, if you have any query then email at CS615@vu.edu.pk
Your Assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 20th Jan, 2014.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
The tasks performed for project initiation are mentioned below:
1) Scope Planning — developing a written scope statement as the basis for future project decisions
2) Scope Definition—subdividing the major project deliverables into smaller, more manageable components
3) Activity Definition—identifying the specific activities that must be performed to produce the various project deliverables
4) Activity Sequencing—identifying and documenting interactivity dependencies
5) Activity Duration Estimating—estimating the number of work periods that will be needed to complete individual activities.
6) Resource Planning—determining what resources (people, equipment, materials, etc.) and what quantities of each should be used to perform project activities.
7) Cost Estimating—developing an approximation (estimate) of the costs of the resources required to complete project activities.
8) Cost Budgeting—allocating the overall cost estimates to individual work packages.
9) Schedule Development —analyzing activity sequences, activity durations, and resource requirements to create the project schedule.
10) Quality Planning—identifying which quality standards are relevant to the project and determining how to satisfy them.
11) Communications Planning—determining the information and communications needs of the stakeholders: who needs what information, when will they need it, and how will it be given to them.
12) Organizational Planning—identifying, documenting, and assigning project roles, responsibilities, and reporting relationships.
13) Staff Acquisition—getting the human resources needed assigned to and working on the project.
14) Procurement Planning—determining what to procure, how much to procure, and when.
15) Project Plan Development —taking the results of other planning processes and putting them into a consistent, coherent document.
am i right or wrong ??
to phir third question k baghair hi send kar dain?
Q3 ka koi mujhe bta do ab ??
yes u r roght princes
Every person that has an influence on the project would be a stake holder.
Ab sochen k kis kis ko project se interest he or kon konn profect ko effect kr sakta he? Managers, Accountant and his team, branch managers, customers etc all are the stakeholders.
Key stakeholders (employees, management, board members, sponsors, customers,
clients, etc.) may request copies of various types of plans.
VU LMS site is down at this moment.
Can somebody tel me whether VULMS is really down or just I'm facing this problem?
Farooq Bhai site to abi tak down he. Assignment to abi upload karni he. Ab kia krna ho ga?