Assignment No. 02
Semester: Spring 2019
CS615 Software Project Management
Total Marks: 15
Due Date: 30th May 2019
Assignment no. 2 covers Lec#9 to Lec#14.
Objectives of Assignment:
• You will learn the concept of a project and its management along with software process models.
• Your assignment must be in .doc format.(Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp, docx etc will not be accepted).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question 1: 5 Marks
A company named “Fooding” wants to develop a mobile app. This company approaches your firm to develop this application. But Fooding’s management do not know the exact user interface design. Which requirement elicitation approach will be best suitable to extract user interface requirements in this scenario? Briefly explain with proper reason.
Question No 2: 10 Marks
You are required to classify the problems that affect software projects into the following four categories:
• People-related problems
• Process-related problems
• Product-related problems
• Technology-related problems
1. Change of operating system in the mid of development due to licensing issue.
2. One of key stakeholder not cooperating well with the development team.
3. Wrongly calculated deadline of the “Fooding” mobile application.
4. Many quality standards not achieved due to unrealistic project completion deadline
5. A critical requirements that may also change the overall scope of the application.
6. A company “Tough Tech” wants to initiate a development of software project suggested by their research and development team.
7. Project manager must monitor the requirements that these requirements aligned to the defined scope.
8. A noisy or cramped workspace disturbing the working environment.
9. Project manager choose waterfall model to complete a software project in which requirements are critical.
10. Cost of reusability of one reporting tool is not deducted from the total cost of the software project.
Note: you are required to write just serial number of the particular problem in the related box (mentioned below).
NOTE: Submit “.doc” file only. Every student should provide his/her own work, exact copying of the assignment (or some portion of the assignment) from the internet or other students will lead to copy case and zero marks will be awarded. Do not put any query on MDB about this assignment, if you have any query then email at CS615@vu.edu.pk
Deadline: Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 30th May 2019.