Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

Starting Date

Monday, February 03, 2014

Closing Date

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Status

Open

Question/Description

GDB:

An article is given in the following link. Read this article carefully and answer whether Pakistan should export such a big quantity of Molasses to other countries or should use it domestically for employment generation, industrial growth enhancement and for the solution of energy crisis. Discuss with logics.

http://epaper.dawn.com/DetailNews.php?StoryText=20_01_2014_604_004

Views: 1261

Replies to This Discussion

Oh i'm very sorry brother. Your name seems like of females.

Dear Ammara:

The GDB is solved in the link itself.

look at the uses of mollasses and what benefit it can give to the country.

The article is throwing light on some of important and beneficial uses of molasses although there are some bad aspects too. However if we assume that molasses will be used only for legal business we can answer the theme question of this discussion whether Pakistan should export molasses of must use it for industrial growth.

Looking to the uses of molasses,

1. Power generation (will fulfill energy need for industrial and domestic use)

2. Medicines (can be used domestically and exported also provide thousands of jobs)

3. Food items (fulfill our basic need, provide jobs and proprietorships)

4. Animals and poultry feed (food needs and source of private business as well as jobs)

5. Cosmetics and other makeup stuff (exports)

6. Paints and varnishes (exports)

7. Ethanol production (exports)

This is quite clear that every use mentioned is an industry in itself and a source of foreign exchange. Rather we can say that the most important use the power generation is need of the day. Similarly animal and poultry is the leading industry as we being an agricultural country. As an underdeveloped country we don’t have the standard hygienic status and we are facing so many health problems for which a big chunk of medicine companies are working throughout the country. And molasses is the key factor in these industries. Moreover if we think in a broad sense then we will realize that a big portion of our population is earning their livelihood from these industries either in the shape of employment or personal business.

So in my view Pakistan should use its produced amount of molasses for the industrial growth which will increase employment and help in reducing poverty. However this is not possible without the help and intervention of government. As govt must take fruitful steps in establishing these industries on public sector or encourage and promote its production and supervise and finance the private sector to invest here.

Iqbal Zahid Bhai, very good effort but if some tengable facts are added to it then it may become excellent effort. Keep it up.

I have studied a lot of material on net and gathered few of the following information. Which may help u all:

1. Pakistan generates $292 million export revenue from the export of ethanol.

2. Most of the ethanol is exported to Europe, Far East and Middle East countries.

3. 1.5 gallon of ethanol is equal to 1 gallon of gasoline.

4. About 1/5 of ethanol can be produced from a given quantity of molasses.

export should be discourged,pk should enjoy this rich source.

It is not so rich at the moment with just 86 sugar mills in the country. They can generate only 2.5 M tons of molasses and this molasses can produce only 0.5 M ton of ethanol.

Pakistan's gasoline requirement is about 410,000 bbl/day which becomes about 1.5 billion bbl/year. Only about 2900 bbl ad ethanol can be produced in whole year with 2.5 M ton molasses.

I am trying to meet someone appropriate in Premier Sugar Mill (Mardan) because it has a distillery which is functioning since 2012 and producing ethanol. Pray that i get an appointment and get some fruitful information.

dear shakeel my father had been working as in Premier Sugar Mill (Mardan) as chief chemist but now he is in punjab. If you need help my cousin is there u can meet him. his name is maqsood ali shah

Iqbal Bhai, thanks a lot nice gesture. I met Mr Asif who is DGM Distillery in Premier Sugar Mill. I got a detailed briefing from him. I have already shared the punch lines / important points here in this discussion.

There is a strong indicator given by GOP that it has imposed 15% duty on molasses. Imposition of tax on home products by government is a strong indicator that it discourages the export of that good. In this case GOP is discouraging the export of molasses.

Very nice effort bro.. by the way i am not sis, i am bro...

I think we should first describe whether or not molasses should be exported and then we'll explain why it should or should not be exported.

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Below

Top Trends 

Latest Activity

Profile IconMuhammad Imran, Hafsa kalsoom, Melissa Dorn and 3 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
17 minutes ago
Melissa Dorn replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion Reality of Modern Co-Education System of Pakistan
11 hours ago
memon added a discussion to the group MGT610 Business Ethics
23 hours ago
Profile IconTahir Abbas, Esha Arooj and Muhammaad Arif joined Virtual University of Pakistan
yesterday
Profile IconStudent, Batool, Suha Khan and 3 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
Friday
Nida Arshad Javaid Ch posted photos
Friday
subhan ali joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
Friday
Suha Khan joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
Friday

© 2022   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service