Course: Comparative Education (EDU 604)
Semester: Fall, 2019
Assignment No: 2
Total Marks: 20
• Late assignments will not be accepted.
• If the file is corrupt or problematic, it will be marked zero.
• Plagiarism will never be tolerated. Plagiarism occurs when a student uses work done by someone else as if it was his or her own; however, taking the ideas from different sources and expressing them in your own words will be encouraged.
• No assignment will be accepted via e-mail.
• Marks will be deducted for the incorrect format.
1. Write down around 200 words on five advantages of studying comparative education. (4*5) (10)
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Comparative education” typically refers to evaluating systems of education between different regions, cultures, or nations. I want to share only five advantages of studying comparative education with you here.
1. Comparative advantages are acquired over time, such as entrepreneurial orientation, availability of venture capital, and innovative capacity.
2. The knowledge of comparative education enables educationalist understands what is successful in the field of education policies from one country and uses them in their own country. Exceeding in Academic field of one’s country.
3. The knowledge of comparative education helps the teacher in policy formulation, analysis and implementation. It is very helpful for the students, if we use it in best way.
4. It refers to the superior features of a country that provide it with unique benefits in global competition. We cannot ignore it. We have to bear in mind that comparative education is to be lead to a better understanding of one’s country, not a competition.
5. It provides ideas for reform in an educational system. It helps in setting higher targets to be achieved by educational institutions or systems. If we say that, it helps us to understand the similarities and differences between other educational systems and ours that is not wrong.