We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Muhammad Tahir Rafiq thanks for sharing
Note for All Members: You don’t need to go any other site for this assignment/GDB/Online Quiz solution, Because All discussed data of our members in this discussion are going from here to other sites. You can judge this at other sites yourself. So don’t waste your precious time with different links.
Elementary English (Eng001)
Assignment No. 2
Student ID: ZS160400473
Student Name: Mujtaba Ali Kiani
Q1. Choose six adjectives from the word bank below and then write a short paragraph using the chosen words. The paragraph should be logical, i.e. it should have an introduction, a background, facts and conclusion. (10 Marks)
daring, exciting, adventurous, thrilling, brave, cautious, timid, dangerous, dark, mysterious
Profesion of soldiering is very exciting. People who opoint to join army are adventurous by nature. They love to undertake thrilling assignments. Zeroing one’s rifle or gun on a target, paratrooping from high attitude, stealthily approaching the enemy on a pitch dark night, executing surgical strickes against adversaries etc are daring acts undertaken by only those who are brave at heart. So, if some one is desirous of joining army, he should understand that it is a dangerous occupation, but than army seeks people who are deams.
Q2. A dictionary is used to determine or confirm the meanings of words and phrases, including their denotations and connotations and their classes.
DIRECTIONS: Use the above dictionary page to answer the given questions. Read each question carefully and answer accordingly.
1. The main entry words on this dictionary page appear in bold type. The entry words are listed in ABC order on the page. How many main entry words do you count on this page?
Ans.: _22 Twenty two_Words_____________________________________________
2. On this dictionary page, the syllable breaks in the main entry words are shown with small dots. How many main entry words on this page have two syllables?
Ans.: __11 Words________________________________________________________
3. Identify and write the main entry word having four syllables.
Ans.: _Coun-ter-clock-wise ________Counterclockwise____________________________
4. The entries on this dictionary page tell the part of speech, such as noun, verb, adjective, or adverb, for each definition of the word. Which words on the page can be used as both nouns and verbs?
Ans.: _Cough, count, counterfeit, counter__________________________________
5. Related words and word forms appear at the end of many definitions. For example, coughing and coughed are forms of the word cough. What are the word forms for the word counteract?
Ans.: __counteracting, counteracted_______________________________________
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.
For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.
Or visit this link