We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

ENG101 English Comprehension Online Quiz No 01 Fall 2019 Solution Discussion Last Date: 14-11-2019

ENG101 English Comprehension Online Quiz No 01 Fall 2019 Solution Discussion Last Date: 14-11-2019

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 589

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

Please all students related this subject Share your online Quizzes here to help each other.thanks

Please share the question and their answers of this quiz if anyone has done.
Thanks.

ENG101 Assignment NO 01 Solution Fall 2019

Assignment No. 1

Q1. Solution 1

Reunion with Father
Noor’s father is an army officer. So, He mostly stays on the line of control and comes back home after months. Noor misses him a lot when he's not around. He got a letter of vacations a few days ago and came back to visit and meet his family but when he reached home, he got to know that his beloved daughter is in school as of that time. He decides to go pick her up from school and see her reaction. But when Noor sees her father unexpectedly, she bursts into tears and hugs him tightly. Noor's father was left speechless when he felt his daughter's emotions. Noor expressed her emotions saying that, "She missed him a lot and she won't let him go anywhere again."

Q2. Solution 2

1. Which one of the following statements is the topic sentence of the above paragraph?
It is the Road which determines the sites of many cities and the growth and nourishment of all.
It is the Road which is the channel of all trade.
The Road is one of the great fundamental institutions of mankind.
It is the Road that gives its framework to all economic development.

2. Which of the following statements suggest the best way to control black marketing?
Transparency should be introduced in financial transactions.
Small fines should be imposed on black-marketers.
Black-marketers ought to be severely punished.
None of these

3. What does the poet fear in the first stanza of the poem?
Fear of becoming famous
Fear of death
Fear of writing poetry
None of these

4. Which one of the following statements highlights the main idea of the above mentioned paragraph?
A Education is a matter of life and death to our nation.
Without education it is complete darkness and with education it is light.
The world is moving so fast that if you do not educate yourselves you will be not only completely left behind.
The Holy Prophet (PBUH) had enjoined his followers to go even to China in the pursuit of knowledge.
5. In the above lines, the speaker watered:
Fear
Love
Anger
Wrath

ENG101_Assignemt_01_Sloution_Fall_2019_VU_Ning

Link below 

ENG101_Assignemt_01_Sloution_Fall_2019_VU_Ning

Solution Idea 

Question 2: (Bold one are the answers )

1. The Road is one of the great fundamental institutions of mankind. Not only is the Road one of the great human institutions because it is fundamental to social existence, but also because it’s varied effects appear in every department of the State. It is the Road which determines the sites of many cities and the growth and nourishment of all. ...........................
  • Which one of the following statements is the topic sentence of the above paragraph?
  1. It is the Road which determines the sites of many cities and the growth and nourishment of all.
  2. It is the Road which is the channel of all trade.
  3. The Road is one of the great fundamental institutions of mankind.
  4. It is the Road that gives its framework to all economic development.

1. Black-marketing is another curse. Well, I know that black-marketers are frequently caught and punished. According to our judicial notions sentences are passed, and sometimes fines only are imposed. Now you have to tackle this monster which today is a colossal crime against society, in our distressed conditions, when we constantly face shortage of food and or the essential commodities of life..........................................................
  • Which of the following statements suggest the best way to control black marketing?
  1. Transparency should be introduced in financial transactions.
  2. Small fines should be imposed on black-marketers.
  3. Black-marketers ought to be severely punished.
  4. None of these

1. Without education it is complete darkness and with education it is light. Education is a matter of life and death to our nation. The world is moving so fast that if you do not educate yourselves you will be not only completely left behind, but will be finished up. The Holy Prophet (PBUH) had enjoined his followers to go even to China in the pursuit of knowledge. If that was the commandment in those days when communications were difficult, then, truly, Muslims as the true followers of the glorious heritage of Islam, should surely utilize all available opportunities. No sacrifice of time or personal comfort should be regarded too great for the advancement of the cause of education.
  • Which one of the following statements highlights the main idea of the above mentioned paragraph?
  1. A Education is a matter of life and death to our nation.
  2. Without education it is complete darkness and with education it is light.
  3. The world is moving so fast that if you do not educate yourselves you will be not only completely left behind.
  4. The Holy Prophet (PBUH) had enjoined his followers to go even to China in the pursuit of knowledge.

(Poems) :

1. When I have fears that I may cease to be

Before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain,

Before high-piled books, in charactery,

Hold like rich garners the full ripened grain;

When I behold, upon the night’s starred face,

• What does the poet fear in the first stanza of the poem?

1. Fear of becoming famous
    2. Fear of death
    3. Fear of writing poetry
    4. None of these
  1. I was angry with my friend; 

I told my wrath, my wrath did end.

I was angry with my foe: 

I told it not, my wrath did grow. 

And I watered it in fears,

Night & morning with my tears: 

And I sunned it with smiles,

And with soft deceitful wiles.