We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

ENG -301 ASSIGNMENT NO 3 (START DATE: 4 FEB,2016..........DUE DATE:11 FEB,2016) MARKS 20

Business Communication (Eng301)

Assignment 3 (Fall-2015)

Total Marks: 20

Lecture: 23-40

Instructions:

• The students are advised to send their assignments within the due date.
  • Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
  • The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
  • Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
  • After the due date assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
  • Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
  • The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.

Q1: Identify the types of given content sample letters and write down the definitions of each of the following:                                                                                          (3.5+3.5+3=10)

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter in order to request my credit information and enclose your services for providing the safety of my account. Therefore, I need the information mentioned below:

• Kindly send the credit report of my account.
  • I am also interested in using your telephone support service.
  • I trust on the privacy of all the details regarding my credit account. Please don’t issue my credit report to anyone without written notice received from me.

Please, contact me if you need further clarifications. Thank you for the help in advance!

Yours sincerely,

Dear Sir,

On July 10, we ordered and subsequently received one case of hand saws, model 88b. We paid for the order with our cheque no. 001122, a photocopy of which is enclosed.

When we decided to order these saws instead of model 78b, it was at the urging of your sales representative, Mr. Ahmed Mehtab. He assured us that the new saws were more durable and efficient than the older model. However, now we have the saws on our selling floor for three weeks, and already six have been returned with broken teeth by extremely dissatisfied customers.

We are, therefore, returning the entire order of 88b saws and would like to be refunded for their full purchase price plus shipping expenses.                                                            

Yours truly,

Gentlemen,

Please repair or replace my laptop, Model L0225, as soon as possible. I am eagerly waiting for your favorable reply. After three months of use different softwares have stopped working.

Enclosed is my laptop, a copy of the sales receipt showing the date of purchase, and your warranty, which guarantees material and workmanship for one year.

Yours sincerely,

Q2: Being a student of Business Communication at Virtual University of Pakistan, you are demanded by your instructor to write the content of a short report on the recent visit to the Kashmir Valley.  Following points should be focused while composing the report:

• Details of staying at all the major stations
  • Behavior of the peers, instructors and the local staff of that place
  • Quality of food and shelter                                                                                  (10)

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 7660

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

I THINK Q1 PART 2 AND 3 ARE GIVEN IN THE TEXT BOOK EXACTLY THE SAME

which lesson #ZARGHAM????

yaar kissi ne ye assignment attempt kara? mujhe samaj nahi araha hai please help guys....

guys question number 2 kase kare abroad students? hum tu kashmir day pe gaye nahi..... please help guys..

Question k  2nd part mein 3 points par focus kartay hoye hum nay 1 report likhni hai jo k kashmir k safar k hawalay say likhni hai.......aur 1st part mein each letter ko analyze karna hai aur batana hai k yeh kis letter say relate karta hai aur analyze karnay k bad us letter ki definition likhni hai...............................................so guies share your thoughts and ideas

Thanks #Zahid really appreciated, but yaar question 2 tu mene bhi pharha hai or mujhe samaj mein a raha hai k question kia bol raha hai par report kase bnaegi ye batao please...

Question 1 tu easy hai.... 2 thora difficult hai...

dear faraz sb agar ap ko Q1 atta ha please wo b share kar de. dosra answer b koe kar de ga.please dost

Dear Qamar, ENG301 k notes mein page no. 107 pe solution hai dekhlo... asan hai... mene khud pharha or solution notes mein dekha...

mujhe koi question no.2 batade please.

faraz i think net say information leni parey gi k kashmir mein stay karnay k kon say major stations hain aur kahan hain .......aur behaviour bi peers ka ...instructor ka ...aur wahan par rehnay walay logo ka .....aur kasmir k kahaney ki quality kaisi hai.......yeh tamam information net say search karni parey gi................guies app log bi share karey k kaisey karey iss assignment ko.............

zahid, net se search kark copy paste kara tu zero mile ga... khud hi likhna hai... par idea chahiyah kis tarha likhna hai 

faraz main net say copy copy paste ki bat nahin kar raha hoon ....sirf idea lay kar apnay lafzo mein likhnay ka kah raha hoon....................faraz yar 1st question k barey mein to yahan send karoo na app jo bi pta hai app ko to second question k liye kuch kartay hain sub mil k

Claim and Adjustment Requests
Ideally, everything runs smoothly in the operation of an organization; no mistake, no problems, no
defects, and no misunderstandings. However, even in the best-managed organizations, dissatisfactions
are bound to occur. In recent years both buyers and sellers are more aware of problems caused by
business errors. When a product or service does not meet customers’ expectations, the customers are
disappointed and usually file a complaint.
Their complaints should not be called complaint letters, because complaint connotes irritation,
unpleasantness, negativism, and even anger. Using a word with such negative connotations could
lead to a bad attitude towards customers. Letters about such complaints should be called claim letters.

A. Direct Statement of the Request
1. Write a claim letter as soon as possible after the problem has been identified.
2. State the need for replacement, refund or correction of the problem.
3. Maintain a confident, factual, fair, unemotional tone.

B. Justification, Explanation, and Details
To gain the reader’s understanding praise some aspect of the goods or service or at least explain
why the product was originally purchased.

C. Courteous Close with Request for Specific Action
Summarize desired action briefly.
• Simplify compliance with your request by including your name, address, phone number and
hours of availability.
• Note how complying with your request will benefit the reader.
• Consider another example that how the writer conveys his message of inconvenience in calm
manner.

RSS

© 2020   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service