Training and Development (HRM617)
Topic “Training evaluation”
A renowned chain of fast food restaurants organized a training program for the employees. The evaluation report presented to CEO stated that impact of training program on behavior of the employees was positive but failed to achieve any remarkable results regarding improvement in organizational productivity and profitability.
Keeping in mind Kirkpatrick’s framework of evaluation criteria, do you think that training was ineffective? Give your analysis with valid arguments.
Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students.
Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
The GDB will open and close on the specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.
Questions/queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
plz koie to discuses karo...........plzzzzz
Mjy to ye smj aya bs k training was not ineffective, evaluation was not effective.
Please Discuss here about this GDB.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
Kisi ny b discuss ni kia :'(
seemi kia kara
i think is ma ya he batana hy kia k training kin wajohat pa ineffective rahe Keeping in mind Kirkpatrick’s framework
Kirkpatricl's framwork modle has The four levels:
I think dur to Behavior and results the tarining is ineffective in resturant............kia ya sae hy ya nhi
The report presented to CEO was true. We will see why no increase in the productivity and profitability?
The most used and popular method for the evaluation of training programs is known as “The Four Levels of Learning Evaluation” developed by Donal Kirkpatrick. The purpose of this evaluation model is to have fruitful evaluation of learning in the organization.
The four levels are:
Reasons for not profitability and productivity in keeping the 4 levels in mind.
Effectiveness of Training:
1) Employees told how to keep them hygienic
2) How to make area neat and clean?
3) How to welcome the customer and ask for his order?
4) How to serve food items and avoid daily routine mistakes
5) How to improve their communication skills?
The training was effective and following changes appeared in the employees behavior
1) They showed interest in learning.
2) They are groomed, neat and clean.
3) Their uniforms are well ironed.
4) They try to make area neat and clean.
5) They greet customer with smile.
6) Take order politely.
Reasons for decline in productivity and profitability:
1) Outdoor signage’s are old and unattractive. People hesitate to enter the shop.
2) The order booking system is manual. Customer has to wait long to place its order.
3) The interior and furniture is old and does not give chilled out feeling.
4) The Food serviced is not up to standard.
5) The staff is not provided head cap to avoid falling hairs in the food.
6) The workers asked to work more than their capabilities.
7) The manager behavior was discouraging not motivational.
8) Kitchen was poorly maintained.
9) Unavailability of food storage items result of more wastage.
10) No appreciation in forms of financial rewards or motivational rewards.
JAZAKALLAH,Mahmood Rana for helping us,Stay blessed Always.