We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

A STUDY ON WOMEN ENTERPRENEURS WITH SPECIAL REFRENCES TO SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES

It is estimated that women entrepreneurs presently comprise about 10% of the total number of entrepreneurs in India, with the percentage growing every year. If the prevailing trends continue, it is likely that in another five years, women will comprise 20% of the entrepreneurial force. With corporates eager to associate and work with women-owned businesses, and a host of banks and non-governmental organisations keen to help them get going, there has rarely been a better time for women with zeal and creativity to start their own business.

Endowed with the famous female intuition that helps them make the right choices even in situations where experience and logic fail, women have innate flair for entrepreneurship. Although men and women may be motivated by different goals and expectations (In her book, When Money Isn't Enough, Connie Glaser reports that male entrepreneurs are motivated by the potential to earn lots of money, while women start their own companies because they seek greater control over their personal and professional lives.) women entrepreneurs are just as competent, if not better, than their male counterparts.

Women are more likely than men to admit when they do not know something and ask for help. They are natural networkers and relationship builders, forging powerful bonds and nurturing relationships with clients and employees alike. They are also more inclined to seek out mentors and develop supportive teams. In business this translates into establishing rapport with clients and providing great customer service. This perhaps is the reason why many women tend to launch businesses that are client based or service-oriented.

Sometimes, however, a lack of training and prior experience can render women entrepreneurs susceptible to a number of pitfalls. The following guidelines are aimed at helping women entrepreneurs cross some of the typical pitfalls that may crop up on their path to success:

Don't undervalue your abilities. Women typically tend to give away too much and charge too little. This is a common phenomenon in service-based industries where they may charge by the hour instead of charging a fee on the merit of knowledge or service rendered. Adopting value-based charges and charging per project (not on weekly or monthly basis), will help women entrepreneurs gain the actual worth of the services rendered.

Learn to juggle family with business. Unlike men, it is difficult for women to completely ignore family obligations when pursuing business, and they can quickly lose sight of their desire to have a balanced life in the face of a demanding new business. It is important to sustain a personal life and balance family obligations with professional ones, if they are to be successful and happy.

Women also need to be twice as persistent and assertive to make their presence felt in a predominantly male business world. Network, but in a way you feel comfortable with. Establish limits and do make sure that you are well within your comfort zone when networking with others.

Do not forget you are running a business. Piling on work/life benefits will not do anyone any good if doing so cuts too deeply into the company's bottom line. You have to learn to be attentive to people's needs and still run a profitable business. Women typically fight shy of self-endorsement. Do not be afraid to promote yourself.

Remember, if you want a thriving business you must market yourself and take credit for your achievements. If your marketing is shoddy no one will know what you have to offer Though sidelined as the `weaker sex' for long, with encouragement, support and a conducive environment, woman entrepreneurs are fast becoming a force to reckon with in the business world.

An entrepreneur perceives a need and then brings together the manpower, materials and capital required to meet that need. Entrepreneurs search for change, respond to it and exploit it as an opportunity. Entrepreneurship involves combining factors of production to initiate changes and it is a discontinuous process.  The high rate of economic growth strengthens the nation, provides a high standard of living to the people to protect the interest of the poor.

Women constitute almost half of the total population in the world. But their representation in employment is comparatively low According the I.L.O report in 1980, “Women are 50 per cent of the world’s population, do the two-thirds of the world’s work hours, receive ten percent of the worlds income and own less than one percent of worlds property”

Table of contents

Acknowledgement

List of tables

Chapter

I                       Introduction

Importance of study

Statement of the problem

Objective of the study

Methodology

Limitations of the study

Chapter Schemes

II                     Review of literature

III                    The socio-economic background of women entrepreneurs

IV                    Factors to promote  women entrepreneurs

V                     Type and mode of entrepreneurship

VI                    Effectives  program effectiveness

VII                  Analysis of Data

VIII                 Findings and suggestions

Appendixs

1. Bibliography
  2. Questionnaire

See the below attached folder for Complete Project Report

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 335

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

CONCLUSIONS

CONCLUSIONS:

In the previous chapters a clear and systematic study of the women entrepreneurs were made with special  Thanjavur town. The socio-economic background, inducing factors, type and mode of establishment, training programme effectiveness and self-interpretation   of the entrepreneurs were analyzed in depth.

The data’s were collected from 50 respondents by using questionnaire. The collected data were analyzed   and interpreted.

BIBLIOGRAPHY

BIBLIOGRAPHY

Entrepreneurial Development        - C.B. Srinivasan

Entrepreneurial Development        -        Vasanth Desai

Green, Gary P. Finance, Capital and uneven development, Boulder Co., West View Press 1987.

International Labour Organisations – More Hurdles faced by Women Entrepreneurship – A Study 1988

JOURNAL

Sedme – Small Enterprise Development, Management and Extension Journal (Special issue on Women Entrepreneurs)

Published by : National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (Formerly known as National Institute of Small Industry Extension Training).  An Organisation of Ministry

MSME, Govt. India, Hyderabad.

DAILIES

The Hindu

REPORTS

District Industries Centre

Questionnaire

A study on women entrepreneurs in small scale industries

Questionnaire

I . Identification of socio- economic backgrounds

1. Name                                   :

2.  Address                              :

3. Age                                      :           (i)Between 20 – 30

(ii) Between 31 – 40

(iii) Between 41 and  50

(iv) From 51 and above

4. Religion                                :           (i) Hindu

(ii) Muslim

(iii) Christian

(iv) Others

5.  Caste                                  :           (i) FC

(ii) BC

(iii) MBC/DNC

(iv) SC/ST

6. Educational Qualification :                 (i) Literate        (ii) Illiterate

If  literate,

(I) Up to H.Sc

(II). Diploma                           

(III) Degree

(IV) P.G

(V) Professional Degree

(Specify)

7. Technical Qualification          :           (i) Certificate  programs

(ii) Diploma programe

(iii) Any other training  program

8. Martial status                        :           (i) UnMarried

(ii) Married

(iii) Widow

(iv) Divocee

(v)Green Widow

9. No. of dependents    :           (i) Below 4 (ii) 5-10   (iii) 10 and above

10. Family back ground            :           (i) Farmer

(ii)Business

(iii) Govt. Service

(iv) Private Service

(v) others

II Inducing factors to become an entrepreneur

11. Personal family background factors :           (i) Unemployment

(ii) Husbands death

(iii) Financial Support to the family

(iv) Improvement in revenue

12. Motivating factors                           :                       (i)  Training in the  field

(ii) Technical and professional skills

(iii) Self interest

(iv) Govt. Schemes

(v). Innovative Idea

13. Triggering factors                            :                       (i) To earn money

(ii) To become economically independent

(iii)To get social status

(iv) To be economically Sound

III. Type  and mode of Establishment

14.  Name of the establishment             :

15. Form of establishment                                 :           (i) Sole propertiership

(ii) Partnership

(iii) Conventional family business

(iv) Co-operative society

(v)Private Limited

(vi) Public Limited

16. Location                                                     :           (i) Urban

(ii)Semi urban

17. Building                                                      :           (i) Own

(ii) Rental

(iii) Lease

18.  Investment                                                 :           (i) Bank loans

(ii) Strong financial back ground of family

(iii) Private borrowings

(iv) Pledge of jewels

:           (i) Own savings

19.  Size of the business                                    : (i) Tiny (ii) small (iii) Medium (iv) Large

20. Amount invested in the business      :           (i) Below 10,000

(ii) Below 50,000

(iii) Below 1,00,000

(iv) Between 1,00,000 to 10,00,000

(v) Above 10,00,000

(vi) Rs. in Crores.

IV Training programe effectiveness

21.  Have  you attended any EDP training :                                                                    Yes/ No

22. Name of  the organization that conducted EDP. __________________________________

23. Duration of the training program                       ___________________________________

24. Is training helpful to you                                                                                        Yes / No

25. Do you avail any subsidy from the  training organization                                      Yes / No

V. Self interpretation of the entrepreneur

26. What are the problems faced by you in running your    establishment.

a)      To get venue to run the enterprise

b)      To get finance

c)      To manage the workers

d)      To market the products

27. What factors influence you to get  success

a)      Hard work

b)      Support form family

c)      Marketability

d)      Quality of product service

28. Does the government support to promote you as an entrepreneur                                  Yes / No

29. Does your family support you to promote you as an entrepreneur                            

1.                                                                                                                                                                                                                            i.      most satisfied
  2.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ii.      satisfied
  3.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         iii.      discouraged

30. Do you  face any difficulty in your business as you  are a women                               Yes/ No

31.  Do you find  any difficulty in dealing with your customer because you are a women entrepreneur?                                                                                                                            Yes / No

32. Are you able to discharge your duties at home                                                                 Yes / No

33. What is the opinion of the society, because you are a women entrepreneur?

34. role of your husband for your achievements in Business

(i) Most appreciated

(ii)Appreciated

(iii)Satisfactory

(iv) Discouraged

RSS

Latest Activity

+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" posted a blog post
20 seconds ago
+ ! ! (MmM) MuStAfA MaDaNi ! updated their profile
9 minutes ago
+ Iuuoɔǝut+ replied to 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............ A public service message...........
16 minutes ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" left a comment for asim ur rehman
31 minutes ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" left a comment for MALIK G
32 minutes ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" left a comment for IBS
33 minutes ago
+ Iuuoɔǝut+ posted discussions
57 minutes ago
+ Iuuoɔǝut+ replied to + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion How Can You Get Secured of Being Banned On Ning
57 minutes ago
Asmat replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Any Profile On the Site
1 hour ago
+ Adeeena replied to + Adeeena's discussion Vitamins For Skin You Should Never Miss: p
1 hour ago
+ Adeeena replied to + Adeeena's discussion Vitamins For Skin You Should Never Miss: p
1 hour ago
Whispering Soul liked Whispering Soul's discussion شاہی جوڑے کی رکشہ میں آمد
1 hour ago
Whispering Soul posted a discussion
1 hour ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" replied to 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............ A public service message...........
1 hour ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............ A public service message...........
1 hour ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" left a comment for waseem khan
1 hour ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" left a comment for + ! Agha RoShaaan Khan
1 hour ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" left a comment for Ƨ.ℳƧℂƧ
1 hour ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" left a comment for stylo
1 hour ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service