We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
ASSIGNMENT # 01
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT (HRM624)
Due Date: 23 May, 2014
What Is Your Primary Conflict-Handling Style?
This assignment will give you the experience of self analysis of your conflict handling
abilities and also will enable you to review to what extent your conflict handling skills
are effective or need improvements to make your life successful.
1. To continue building your self-awareness.
2. To assess your approach to conflict.
3. To provide a springboard for handling conflicts more effectively.
This measure is developed by Professor Afzalur Rahim. For each of the 15 items, indicate
how often you rely on that tactic by circling the appropriate number.
1. I argue my case with my co-workers to show the merits of my position. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
2. I negotiate with my co-workers so that a compromise can be reached. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
3. I try to satisfy the expectations of my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
4. I try to investigate an issue with my co-workers to find a solution acceptable to us. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
5. I am firm in pursuing my side of the issue. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
6. I attempt to avoid being “put on the spot” and try to keep my conflict with my
co-workers to myself. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
7. I hold on to my solution to a problem. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
8. I use “give and take” so that a compromise can be made. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
9. I exchange accurate information with my co-workers to solve a problem together. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
10. I avoid open discussion of my differences with my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
11. I accommodate the wishes of my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
12. I try to bring all our concerns out in the open so that the issues can be resolved
in the best possible way. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
13. I propose a middle ground for breaking deadlocks. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
14. I go along with the suggestions of my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
15. I try to keep my disagreements with my co-workers to myself in order to avoid
hard feelings. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
Scoring and Interpretation
Enter your responses, item by item, in the five categories below, and then add the three
scores for each of the styles.
Note: There are no rights or wrong answers, because individual differences are involved.
Integrating Obliging Dominating
Item Score Item Score Item Score
4. _____ 3. _____ 1. _____
9. _____ 11. _____ 5. _____
12. _____ 14. _____ 7. _____
Total _____ Total _____ Total _____
Item Score Item Score
6. _____ 2. _____
10. _____ 8. _____
15. _____ 13. _____
Total _____ Total _____
Your CONFLICT handling tactics:
Your primary conflict-handling style is: __________________
(The category with the highest total score)
Your backup conflict-handling style is: ___________________
(The category with the second highest total score)
1. Is there a clear gap between your primary and backup styles, or are they
same, do above results suggest indecisiveness about conflict handling skills
on your part? Explain with solid justification.
6 marks (max. 75- 100 words)
2. Will your primary conflict-handling style persist well to different
situations? Explain with logical arguments.
6 marks (max. 75- 100 words)
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome
uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and
above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted
Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format
You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
Use black and blue font colors only.
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
It is submitted after the due date
The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint,
It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc
NOTE RELATED TO LOAD SHEDDING: PLEASE BE PROACTIVE
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have started and load shedding
problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to
post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your
convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current
semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, or GDBs.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
koi hy kay jo help kar saka
easy h kaho to discussion strt krn M.faheem Anwar
koi hy jooooo help kary????? kahan gae sub master log?? plz help???
koi ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :'(
solution of this assignment plz
any idea ?????
kasy karni hai yah assignment??
Dear Students Don’t wait for solution post your problems here and discuss ... after discussion a perfect solution will come in a result. So, Start it now, replies here give your
kuch samj he nai aa rai koi idea he nazar nai aa raha
pls koi tu help kar dae bs itna bata dae kasay at