We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

ASSIGNMENT # 01
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT (HRM624)
Due Date: 23 May, 2014
Marks: 15
What Is Your Primary Conflict-Handling Style?
This assignment will give you the experience of self analysis of your conflict handling
abilities and also will enable you to review to what extent your conflict handling skills
are effective or need improvements to make your life successful.
Objectives
1. To continue building your self-awareness.
2. To assess your approach to conflict.
3. To provide a springboard for handling conflicts more effectively.
Instructions
This measure is developed by Professor Afzalur Rahim. For each of the 15 items, indicate
how often you rely on that tactic by circling the appropriate number.
Conflict-Handling Tactics
Rarely Always
1. I argue my case with my co-workers to show the merits of my position. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
2. I negotiate with my co-workers so that a compromise can be reached. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
3. I try to satisfy the expectations of my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
4. I try to investigate an issue with my co-workers to find a solution acceptable to us. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
5. I am firm in pursuing my side of the issue. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
6. I attempt to avoid being “put on the spot” and try to keep my conflict with my
co-workers to myself. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
7. I hold on to my solution to a problem. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
8. I use “give and take” so that a compromise can be made. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
9. I exchange accurate information with my co-workers to solve a problem together. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
10. I avoid open discussion of my differences with my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
11. I accommodate the wishes of my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
12. I try to bring all our concerns out in the open so that the issues can be resolved
in the best possible way. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
13. I propose a middle ground for breaking deadlocks. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
14. I go along with the suggestions of my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
15. I try to keep my disagreements with my co-workers to myself in order to avoid
hard feelings. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5
Scoring and Interpretation
3 marks
Enter your responses, item by item, in the five categories below, and then add the three
scores for each of the styles.
Note: There are no rights or wrong answers, because individual differences are involved.
Integrating Obliging Dominating
Item Score Item Score Item Score
4. _____ 3. _____ 1. _____
9. _____ 11. _____ 5. _____
12. _____ 14. _____ 7. _____
Total _____ Total _____ Total _____
Avoiding Compromising
Item Score Item Score
6. _____ 2. _____
10. _____ 8. _____
15. _____ 13. _____
Total _____ Total _____
Your CONFLICT handling tactics:
Your primary conflict-handling style is: __________________
(The category with the highest total score)
Your backup conflict-handling style is: ___________________
(The category with the second highest total score)
Questions:
1. Is there a clear gap between your primary and backup styles, or are they
same, do above results suggest indecisiveness about conflict handling skills
on your part? Explain with solid justification.
6 marks (max. 75- 100 words)
2. Will your primary conflict-handling style persist well to different
situations? Explain with logical arguments.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome
uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and
above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
DEADLINE:
 Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
 Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted
FORMATTING GUIDELINES:
 Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
 It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format
 You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
 Use black and blue font colors only.
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
 It is submitted after the due date
 The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
 It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint,
PDF etc.
 It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc
NOTE RELATED TO LOAD SHEDDING: PLEASE BE PROACTIVE
Dear Students,
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have started and load shedding
problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to
post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your
convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current
semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, or GDBs.

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 1047

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

its idea not sure answer

Attachments:

HRM624

Solution:

Integrating                           Obliging                                       Dominating

Item Score                           Item Score                                  Item Score

4.  __5___                               3. __1___                                      1. ___4__

9. __4___                               11. ___2__                                     5. ____2_

12. __3___                                14. ___1__                                    7. ____5_

Total __12___                           Total _4____                                 Total ___11__

Avoiding                                                  Compromising

Item Score                                                     Item Score

6. _4____                                                              2. _2____

10. ___3__                                                            8. ___1__

15. __4___                                                              13. __1___

Total __11___                                                           Total __4___

My CONFLICT handling tactics:

• My primary conflict-handling style is: ___integrating_______________
  • (The category with the highest total score)

My backup conflict-handling style is: ____ Dominating, Avoiding__   

• (The category with the second highest total score)

Questions:

1. 1.      Is there a clear gap between your primary and backup styles, or are they same, do above results suggest indecisiveness about conflict handling skills on your part? Explain with solid justification.

Answer:

Defiantly a little bit gap between my primary and my backup style .in the conflict  handling  skills I just do that thing that is suit able for myself and situation . According to the situation I tackle the conflicting condition. I think we should compromise some time to reduce the conflicting situation. So that mostly the win, win situation will be creates. And no more conflict remains. Everyone be happy.

2.    Will your primary conflict-handling style persist well to different Situations? Explain with logical arguments.

Answer:  Not at all, I have to face difficulty with my primary conflict handling style while in the backup conflict handling style is easy for me. I can easily handle the situation in this condition. for example my  younger sister want to take something like “dress” that is my favorite  color but when she  insist for  that I have to leave its just for the sake of my dearest sister . And I avoid creating the conflict among each other. I reserved and leave its. But when I have to  face the conflicting situation among my elders  then they avoid to clash with me and  dominated in this condition .and in this way the problem will b sort out  and no more conflict would be exist .

+La - raib  thanks for sharing.keep it up 

Note for All Members: You don’t need to go any other site for this assignment/GDB/Online Quiz solution, Because All discussed data of our members in this discussion are going from here to other sites. You can judge this at other sites yourself. So don’t waste your precious time with different links.

kahan chaly gy sub k sub

kisi ko nahi ati kay

mubarik ho sub ko mujah ko  Solutionmil gaya hy is ma koi muskal nahi hy 15 question han ap us ka jawab do 1 sa 5 tak k option han jasa ap real life ma karta ho wasa answer da do aur total har sawal ka jawab us k item k samna lakhta ao aur end ma total karo aur jo sub sa zada ho wo ap ka Your primary conflict-handling style hy aur jis k us sa kam score hon wo Your backup conflict-handling style hy aur jo question han wo ap k in do answer sa related han jo k sirf 100 words han loi muskal tu nahi hy na ab 

ab thanks koi na bola

wait karo apni assingment tu nahi da sakta example da data hon

Due Date: 23 May, 2014

Marks: 15

What Is Your Primary Conflict-Handling Style?

This assignment will give you the experience of self analysis of your conflict handling

abilities and also will enable you to review to what extent your conflict handling skills

are effective or need improvements to make your life successful.

Objectives

1. To continue building your self-awareness.

2. To assess your approach to conflict.

3. To provide a springboard for handling conflicts more effectively.

Instructions

This measure is developed by Professor Afzalur Rahim. For each of the 15 items, indicate

how often you rely on that tactic by circling the appropriate number.

Ab ya 15 question han

Conflict-Handling Tactics

Rarely                   Always

1. I argue my case with my co-workers to show the merits of my position. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

2. I negotiate with my co-workers so that a compromise can be reached. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

3. I try to satisfy the expectations of my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

4. I try to investigate an issue with my co-workers to find a solution acceptable to us. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

5. I am firm in pursuing my side of the issue. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

6. I attempt to avoid being “put on the spot” and try to keep my conflict with my

co-workers to myself. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

7. I hold on to my solution to a problem. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

8. I use “give and take” so that a compromise can be made. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

9. I exchange accurate information with my co-workers to solve a problem together. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

10. I avoid open discussion of my differences with my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

11. I accommodate the wishes of my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

12. I try to bring all our concerns out in the open so that the issues can be resolved

in thebest possible way. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

13. I propose a middle ground for breaking deadlocks. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

14. I go along with the suggestions of my co-workers. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

15. I try to keep my disagreements with my co-workers to myself in order to avoid

hard feelings. 1 — 2— 3— 4— 5

in 15 k ap ko answer dana han read karo aur answer do number ma like 1 2 3 4 5

1 ka matlab hy k full Rarely (mean some time or kabhi kabar ) and 2 stand for less and 3 stand for both matlab k middle Rarely and Always k darmean ma aur 4 stand for less always mean k har waqat and 5 stand for always mean full always ab ap k apni marzi hy jo do laken wo do jo ap khud karna chata ho in question k answer ma

Jab ap ya answer da lo us ko ap in wo jawab wala no do example

3 marks

Enter your responses, item by item, in the five categories below, and then add the three

scores for each of the styles.

Note: There are no rights or wrong answers, because individual differences are involved.

Integrating                                          Obliging                                                               Dominating

Item Score                                          Item Score                                                          Item Score

4.  _5____                                           3. __1___                                                            1. ____5_

9. __3___                                            11. __5___                                                         5. _____4

12. __3___                                         14. ___2__                                                         7. _____5

Total _11____                                   Total  __8___                                                    Total ___14__

Avoiding                                                                              Compromising

Item Score                                                                          Item Score

6. ____5_                                                                            2. ____4_

10. ____4_                                                                         8. _____3

15. _____4                                                                         13. _____2

Total ____13_                                                                   Total  ____9_

In ma sub sa zada total han Dominating k 14 ya ap ka primary conflict-handling style hy

Aur us sa kam han Avoiding k 13 ya ap ka backup conflict-handling style hy

Ab main question han un ko ap apna result k mutabik answer do ga

Questions:

1.  Is there a clear gap between your primary and backup styles, or are they

same, do above results suggest indecisiveness about conflict handling skills

on your part? Explain with solid justification.

2.    Will  your  primary  conflict-handling  style  persist  well  to different

situations? Explain with logical arguments.

: HRM624 - Assignment No. 1 Solution and DiscussionDue Date: May 23, 2014

IDEA SOLUTION..
Solution:

Integrating Obliging Dominating
Item Score Item Score Item Score
4. __5___ 3. __1___ 1. ___4__
9. __4___ 11. ___2__ 5. ____2_
12. __3___ 14. ___1__ 7. ____5_
Total __12___ Total _4____ Total ___11__

Avoiding Compromising
Item Score Item Score
6. _4____ 2. _2____
10. ___3__ 8. ___1__
15. __4___ 13. __1___
Total __11___ Total __4___
My CONFLICT handling tactics:
My primary conflict-handling style is: ___integrating_______________
(The category with the highest total score)
My backup conflict-handling style is: ____ Dominating, Avoiding__ 
(The category with the second highest total score)

1. Is there a clear gap between your primary and backup styles, or are they same, do above results suggest indecisiveness about conflict handling skills on your part? Explain with solid justification.
Answer

Defiantly a little bit gap between my primary and my backup style .in the conflict handling skills I just do that thing that is suit able for myself and situation . According to the situation I tackle the conflicting condition. I think we should compromise some time to reduce the conflicting situation. So that mostly the win, win situation will be creates. And no more conflict remains. Everyone be happy.

2. Will your primary conflict-handling style persist well to different Situations? Explain with logical arguments.

[b]Answer:[/b] Not at all, I have to face difficulty with my primary conflict handling style while in the backup conflict handling style is easy for me. I can easily handle the situation in this condition. for example my younger sister want to take something like “dress” that is my favorite color but when she insist for that I have to leave its just for the sake of my dearest sister . And I avoid creating the conflict among each other. I reserved and leave its. But when I have to face the conflicting situation among my elders then they avoid to clash with me and dominated in this condition .and in this way the problem will b sort out and no more conflict would be exist .

RSS

Latest Activity

Saif liked + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion What is the importance of Virtual University degree in Pakistan?
38 minutes ago
Saif liked + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion What is the importance of Virtual University degree in Pakistan?
39 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s blog post نظر لگنا کیا ہے اور بُری نظر انسان کے جسم پر کیسے اثر انداز ہوتی ہے
52 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + Iuuoɔǝut+'s blog post Things about Arabic Language in an info graphic
52 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion Qatta Taluq....
52 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion Welcome to Islamabad.... ^_^
52 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion What is the importance of Virtual University degree in Pakistan?
52 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion Islam in the Middle of Christianity
52 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked ++!!! Queen of Koheqaaf's discussion QADAR:
52 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked Sajid's discussion جس کا خدا نہ ہو
52 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + Adeeena's discussion chay or tum : /
52 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked ϝ ι ყ α's discussion When You Block $omeone.......XD XD !!
53 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked ϝ ι ყ α's discussion What is Microsoft Excel..............???
53 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked ϝ ι ყ α's discussion *1st $em VS Last Sem,................*
53 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ^__^....... Lets Dedicate yOurself A quOte...... ^_^
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! " ℛanjha ⋆ updated their profile
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! МĂĤĂŔ βĂŚĨŤ ŚĨĂĹ ^ replied to + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion تربیت اسے کہتے ہیں
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! МĂĤĂŔ βĂŚĨŤ ŚĨĂĹ ^ replied to ϝ ι ყ α's discussion *1st $em VS Last Sem,................*
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! МĂĤĂŔ βĂŚĨŤ ŚĨĂĹ ^ replied to ϝ ι ყ α's discussion *خواتین.........XD XD *
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! МĂĤĂŔ βĂŚĨŤ ŚĨĂĹ ^ replied to ϝ ι ყ α's discussion What is Microsoft Excel..............???
1 hour ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service