ITI619 - Internship Report important and guidelines
There are certain important rules as well as guidelines provided below for you regarding your course, which you will have to follow compulsorily to avoid inconvenience. You are instructed to follow all the other rules as well which are provided in student’s hand book, lessons and download section of your VULMS and which are provided via course announcements and emails.
Please strictly follow the following guidelines and rules:
1. Make sure that you are not a job holder while enrolled in Internship Course. Internship course is not for job holders. A job holder can only continue in this course if he/she provides a leave approval or job leaving certificate from his/her organization as per our requirements (the due date of which has been provided in the course calendar).
2. Following the deadlines in the course calendar (provided in course overview), assignments, emails or any other mode used by the instructor/supervisor is a MUST. In case the due dates will not be followed (violated) no extra time or favor will be awarded to any student in any case. Therefore make sure to follow each and every deadline that is provided to you via course calendar, assignments, emails or any other mode strictly.
3. Internship: Start your internship right away and plan according to the Course Calendar. It is advisable and preferable that you do internship inMIS/IT/Networking department(s) of the organization you are planning to do internship in, in addition to the other departments of the organization, however, it is not compulsory to do internship in (or only in) MIS/IT/Networking department(s), you may do internship in other departments (Marketing, Finance, HR etc) as well. Therefore you may start internship in an organization that does not allow you to do internship in IT/MIS/Networking department (in case you don’t find any internship in MIS/Networking/IT department(s)).
But do keep in mind that the organization in which you will be doing internship in, MUST be properly departmentalized (it is preferable that the organization should have an IT/MIS/Networking department), it must have an ongoing business activity, it should be well reputed. The organization must not be any VU owned campus or virtual private campus of VU. If it is an educational institution then you are not allowed to do internship as a teacher/instructor. It must be cooperative towards internees so that you may not have any problem in getting your Internship Completion Certificate (ICC) when you complete your internship.
4. Also keep in mind that it is compulsory to inform your instructor about the organization via email before starting your internship, as there are some organizations in which we do not allow our students to do internship in. As already mentioned the organization must not be:
5. The organization must have its original letter heads and official stamp because it is mandatory for Internship Completion Certificate (ICC) and Evaluation Form (EF).The instructions about the documents are provided in lesson # 3 of your VULMS. Any document not fulfilling the requirements as mentioned in lesson # 3 will be rejected by the Document Evaluation Committee. Documents that will be received after the due date will also be rejected by the Document Evaluation Committee costing the student his/her semester. Therefore be careful and act responsibly
6. Internship Reference Letter (IRL) will only be issued if required by the organization in which you want to start your internship in. IRL will not be issued after the due date mentioned in the semester calendar. IRL request form is available in the download section of your VULMS where you may also find some other useful material for your guidance.
7. You are also strongly instructed and advised to go through all the instructions, guidelines, formats, deadlines/due dates, rules and regulation regarding your course in thestudent’s hand book, lessons and downloads section of your VULMS. You are also very strongly advised to view your emails and course announcements regularly