ITI619 - Internship Report Semester Fall 2014 information
This course will provide you a significant insight into how to put theoretical concepts into practice. A meaningful work experience, indeed, will supplement and modify your ideas gained from academic courses. In addition, you would have an opportunity to enhance the professional and interpersonal skills, obtain the perspective of a work environment and benefit from a mentor or supervisor’s experience and advice.
We want you to be more dynamic, participative and committed. A responsible, vigilant and active role on your part is essential for successful accomplishment of your target and will be highly appreciated.
Please keep in mind the following suggestions and instructions to get through the course:
· You must have a sound knowledge of STA630 to have a good grip over the research methodologies.
· You are very strongly advised and instructed to follow the semester calendar. There will be no leniency or relaxation provided when it comes to the due dates. Time is money, respect it.
· As the course is based on interactive learning. Therefore you are required to be active and in contact with your Instructor on regular basis via emails, MDBs, Skype and/or via telephone. Email is the most effective mode of communication advised.
· VULMS is continuously updated. It is, therefore, advised to visit VULMS of the course on regular basis to remain updated about the course. Course announcements will be made and assignments will be uploaded on your VULMS, therefore make a habit of viewing your VULMS regularly. You are also instructed to make a habit of viewing your emails regularly too.
· The main events of the semester and the steps can be viewed in the course calendar. Course calendar is provided below as well as in the course overview in VULMS. All the rules and regulations, instructions and guidelines are available in the lessons and in thedownload section of your VULMS. You are very strongly advised to go through the mentioned content.
· Informing the supervisor (via email) and taking his permission about the organization before starting your internship is compulsory. You are expected to act fast and be vigilant.
· Students are encouraged to take advice related to this course from their course instructor and are strongly discouraged to ask irrelevant persons in order to get the correct due response immediately and to avoid confusion.