We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Graded Discussion Board (GDB) No. 01 has been opened on November 25, 2013 for discussion and last date for posting your discussion will be November 26, 2013.

Topic/Area for Discussion

“Nonverbal Communication

"Actions speak louder than words". Discuss this statement with reference to importance of nonverbal communication in our day to day life. Support your arguments with relevant examples

Note:Your discussion should be a qualitative discussion, covering all the aspects of the question, it should not be more than 300 words.

Tip or Definition:

Actions speak louder than words means that what someone or a person says is different from what they do. This phrase is often used when someone makes a promise but he or she does not keep the promise.

Please Start Discussion here and share your ideas!

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 931

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

Replies to This Discussion

Please Discuss here about this GDB.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

Non-Verbal Commuication Modes
What is non-verbal communication?
Definition (CBC): “nonverbal communication involves those nonverbal stimuli in a communication setting that are generated by both the source [speaker] and his or her use of the environment and that have potential message value for the source or receiver [listener] (Samovar et al). Basically it is sending and receiving messages in a variety of ways without the use of verbal codes (words). It is both intentional and unintentional. Most speakers / listeners are not conscious of this. It includes — but is not limited to:
touch
glance
eye contact (gaze)
volume
vocal nuance
proximity
gestures
facial expression ? pause (silence)
intonation
dress
posture
smell
word choice and syntax
sounds (paralanguage)

Broadly speaking, there are two basic categories of non-verbal language: 
nonverbal messages produced by the body; 
nonverbal messages produced by the broad setting (time, space, silence)

“Actions speak louder than words.”  In essence, this underscores the importance of non-verbal communication.  Non-verbal communication is especially significant in intercultural situations. Probably non-verbal differences account for typical difficulties in communicating.

My LMS is blocked today due to non payment of dues and today is the last date of MCM301 GDB.Please send me instructor email id, i want to send e mail.

Thanks 

MCM301@vu.edu.pk

thanks

“Actions speak louder than words.”  In essence, this underscores the importance of non-verbal communication.  Non-verbal communication is especially significant in intercultural situations. Probably non-verbal differences account for typical difficulties in commuction.

touching,eye contact,feelings,etc.

The way you listen, look, move, and react tells the other person whether or not you care, if you’re being truthful, and how well you’re listening. When your nonverbal signals match up with the words you’re saying, they increase trust, clarity, and rapport. When they don’t, they generate tension, mistrust, and confusion.

If you want to become a better communicator, it’s important to become more sensitive not only to the body language and nonverbal cues of others, but also to your own.

My LMS is blocked today due to non payment of dues and today is the last date of MCM301 GDB.Please send me instructor email id, i want to send e mail.

Thanks 

dear mcm301 so u can mail at mcm301@vu.edu.pk simple before time u send GDB or give argu etc  than yoour GDB accpt but mail before 12.00 PM  u send via mail but when your acount is unblock than teachr paste your GDB on your LMS. 

regards...

thanks.I have send and tomorow inshaAllah account will be unblocked.

I think it’s quite simple we can see these things happen in our daily life.

Like you are sitting with your friend and talking with him/her and he/she is busy in his/her cellphone that indicates his none verbal gesture that he/she is not interested what you are talking.

Or

A girl went to market with her mum and like some expensive dress but her mother looks her in furious way is a sign to leave that dress and move ahead.

We can notice many similar things like from our daily life.

Dear Students Don’t wait for solution post your problems here and discuss ... after discussion a perfect solution will come in a result. So, Start it now, replies here give your comments according to your knowledge and understandings....

RSS

Today Top Members 

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service