We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

Important announcement

Graded Discussion Board

Communication Skills

(MCM301)

Dear Students!

This is to inform that Graded Discussion Board (GDB) will be opened on Jan 19, 2016 for discussion and last date for posting your discussion will be Jan 20, 2016.

Topic/Area for Discussion

“Communication

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

..How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 1312

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

Replies to This Discussion

right  Mahmood Rana

sadia mughal ap Confused ku hai ?

Dear +5 Paki Student,

There is a difference in schooling and education. The emails and MDB are OK but did not fulfill the requirements students needs today. We give meaning to words and they express at some extent. Real sense achieved when you physically see that words with facial expressions.

A poor father writes a letter to his son to study well. He explains the hardship he is going through to cover his education expense. The letter has meanings only, but the real sense will come when he actually see his father sweating from morning to evening, listening peoples harsh words and even skipping his meals to perform his duties.

Education is not in words dear. It's transferring knowledge from brain to brains, experienced to unexperienced. Our parents and elders told us study well, work hard but how many of us listen to them? We did not evaluate and get their message in its actual sense. We realize this when we go through the hell and that is too late.

I respect your views but still insist that Virtual University must provide couple of live sessions, where we can speak to them, have interaction and add human value touch. It will increase motivation among students.

I hope you have submitted your assignment.

Regards

In my personal experience, I will definitely say that face to face interaction with the teacher is more suitable. Undesirable answers from emails/mdb can lead to demotivation, because we cannot ask question again and again and it is time costing because we have to wait for instructor’s reply. On the contrary, in live discussion, one simple ten minute conversation could shed many back and forth emails. Secondly, we can get 100% attention of the teacher. Thus, we can more actively participate and discuss more easily which would ultimately help in solving multiple problems. Hence, we can learn a lot.

Thirdly, when a student and a teacher communicates each other in person, they can get a response immediately without misunderstanding. On the other hand,  an email can be misunderstood, misread or observed by the receiver to be rude. In contrast, face to face meetings can minimize the risk of miscommunication compared to email.

At last, It is difficult to appropriately express emotion in an email or mdb. It can be over or under appreciated. Using face-to-face communication helps us to convey ideas deliberately. We can use eye contact, verbal language in order to show our opinions.

Dear Khan,

Totally agreed with you. My job requires me to have interaction with my peers, top management, our partners and supplier on daily basis. Sending emails and talking on phone is fine but we reach on conclusion when we sit and discuss face-to-face.

Here is a interesting factor which can be applicable in Virtual University too. What if some one is not available? Away from office?. We use ZOOM Video Conferencing software and have live discussion. It is another kind of face to face meeting.

Best of luck with all of you. It's good to see a healthy debate on our subject.

Regards,

In my personal experience, I will definitely say that face to face interaction with the teacher is more suitable. Undesirable answers from emails/mdb can lead to demotivation, because we cannot ask question again and again and it is time costing because we have to wait for instructor’s reply. On the contrary, in live discussion, one simple ten minute conversation could shed many back and forth emails. Secondly, we can get 100% attention of the teacher. Thus, we can more actively participate and discuss more easily which would ultimately help in solving multiple problems. Hence, we can learn a lot.

Thirdly, when a student and a teacher communicates each other in person, they can get a response immediately without misunderstanding. On the other hand, an email can be misunderstood, misread or observed by the receiver to be rude. In contrast, face to face meetings can minimize the risk of miscommunication compared to email.

At last, It is difficult to appropriately express emotion in an email or mdb. It can be over or under appreciated. Using face-to-face communication helps us to convey ideas deliberately. We can use eye contact, verbal language in order to show our opinions.

Dear All,

I am happy to find out that one of the student got Excellent in GDB (5 out of 5 I believe) using my discussion point in her Assignment. Congratulations.

Both files are attached in PNG format.

Regards,

Mahmood Rana

Attachments:

RSS

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service