We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
• To provide students with the opportunity to apply the concepts regarding elements of effective writing to the routine life communication
• To develop the analytically thinking and writing skills among students
When you ask for some information, action, products, adjustments, and references; you are making a request. For making some formal requests you need to send a request letter to the concerned department of person. These letters can contain a direct or indirect request for the reader. Using the direct approach, you place a clear statement of the request in the opening. In the middle you place the details and justify your request. At the end you close it by requesting specific action and conclude in a friendly tone.
Suppose you traveled by an airline and you got your language damaged at your destined airport.
• Your task is to write a letter to the customer service representative to be compensated for damage to your luggage.
• Students will be able to write a direct request letter in an appropriate way.
• Students will be able to raise their level from a layman writer to a communication expert who is equipped with the formal writing skill.
Copied material will be graded “Zero”.
Communication Skills MCM301 Department of Mass Communication Virtual University of Pakistan SEMESTER FALL 2013 ASSIGNMENT NO.2 MARKS: 15
MCM301 Communication Skills VU
1. Video lectures can be downloaded for free from http://ocw.vu.edu.pk/
2. In case of any ambiguity feel free to ask at email@example.com
January 29, 2014 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
February 07, 2014 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs. extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group...How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)
Come and Discuss :) :)
Sir Tariq, I need your help please.....
Kindly guide me about the pattern of compensation letter.....which is the correct one of the following two:
317 Model Town
27 January 2014
Attn: Mr Atif Sheikh
131, G.T Road
Dear Mr atif
Flat 304 Lucky Star
24 January 2014
The Administrative Officer
33 Saba Avenue
i think first formate is okay
koi to idea share kry
Here is a check list for direct request letters:
A. Direct Statement of the Request
B. Justification, Explanation, and Details
C. Courteous Close with Request for Specific Action
Hope this site will help