We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Writing rules Learning Objectives:
• To provide students with the opportunity to apply the concepts regarding elements of effective writing to the routine life communication.
• To develop the analytical thinking and writing skills among students
Q 1: Speech Writing Rule A key rule to make a good speech is to keep in mind that audiences care most about things that directly affect them. An effective speaker understands the nature of audiences and adapts speeches to audiences. In order to do this, you must learn everything you can about your particular audience. Then make sure to keep the audience in mind in every decision you make in the speech development process. When you plan your speech this way, you engage in “audience-Centered” approach, which is vital for success. Suppose you are working as a communication expert, your task is to write a manuscript of speech in which you convince about hazards of polluted environment. Your target audience will be young minds of Colleges and universities. Instructions:
• Topic of the speech (you can go through the guidelines for selecting a topic that are discussed in the lecture No. 13)
• Attention grabbing and thought provoking opening or introduction to the topic. Body with persuasive arguments & suggestions
• A brief conclusion that summarizes the message and leaves an impact on the reader Marks: 15 Communication Skills MCM301 Department of Mass Communication Virtual University of Pakistan SEMESTER FALL 2016 ASSIGNMENT NO.1 MARKS: 20 MCM301 Communication Skills VU Q 2: Keeping in view the steps of selecting effective topic for speech, your task is to give appropriate topics of the given below broad domains: • Extremism
• Fashion Industry Marks: 5 Learning outcomes:
• Students will be able to know about techniques of speech writing in an appropriate way.
• Students will be able to raise their level from layman listeners to a communication expert who is equipped with the formal analytical skill.
• Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero”. Schedule Opening Date and Time November 15 , 2016 At 12:01 A.M. (MidNight) Due Date and Time November 21, 2016 At 11:59 P.M. (MidNight) Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience. Important Instructions: Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution. Deadline:
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor. MCM301 Communication Skills VU Formatting guidelines:
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only. Solution guidelines:
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment. • Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material. • For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also. Rules for Marking: Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if: • It has been submitted after due date • The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group...How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)
Koi Bhi Topic Select kr saktay hen....
bhai uper to likha hai ke
hazards of polluted environment
per likhni hai speech
1st Question ka topic hy
Hazards of polluted environment
Yh to clear cut mention hy is men kia masla hy
2nd Question ka matlab btaye ga koi ???
Pick ideas from this documents for 1st question
jis trha k question krty han students ,pta ni assignment kesy kr lety han . sb kuch clear hota hai assignment file mai lakiin fir b due date tk question e samj ni ata .
Hazards of Modern Technology
Since the world is created and also human beings we are finding the more and more comfort levels either it is for our personal desire or for other or that might be for general purpose. From thousands of years ago to present we found millions way of worth living and make our life full of comfort. Technology basically derived from technique and technique mean is idea or plan. So technology meaning is to create some thing new on the basis of your ideas or plans or to turn your practically ideas into reality to create some thing new which can reduce our time and also our burden. So we can say technology is the modern way of living.
As we all know about the modern technologies which are different to ancient technology in some manners. But we cannot say that the modern technology is completely different to ancient technology because all the modern technology is base upon the ancient technology. Because there were brilliant scientist in middle and dark ages who gave us the many ideas and theories which changed the whole world completely. 1st human were nude and they don’t had sense but with the evolution of time they started to cover themselves and also started to live in small huts. They created weapons to fight and they invented the different way of communications. They invented the barter system and also invented the education system, economical system, communication system etc. All those things are technologies because those are invented to make life easy and they were used friendly.
But now in modern world or in modern age there is thousands of hazards of technology by which we are surrounding. Because we cannot live without technology because we are always find the next level of everything. But there is a point that we believe that the technology changing our life daily and making more easy but there is also technology giving our lives serious diseases. Causes:
Here I am going to explain some causes of hazards of technology.
People used to go deaf from listening too much heavy metal music without ear protection. Now there is millions of people under age of 30 having ear problems. This sort of persons is now the part of technological society’s landscape.
Lost sense of Direction:
Have you notice that how many people now using GPS system noa a days. Because they don’t know all the ways as well as GPS devices knows. Because they are very useful to technology or we can say that technology take over their brains so to find ways they also use technology instead of their own brains or memory.
Inability to stay connected to society:
Now a day’s everyone is busy in their lives or it could be said that everyone is living in virtual reality. People are busy in 24/7 text messaging. They consuming more time on social media and other social activities online due to this they are disconnecting from real society in which they are living. Even they don’t have enough time to communicate each others.
As we know about the Google and Wikipedia and other search engines having thousands of answer of every single question. Now if have to find and answer or any historical incident or something else which can be related to remind we just Google the question and find our related answer. So mean to said that it is very easy to access all the answer people ignoring to remind things specially the history.
Technology Changes the way Children Think:
Using technology can change the thinking of a child. Because children start living virtual world. Because they play video games and watch cartoons and we all know that video games and cartoons are totally virtual reality. After watching some kind of super heroes cartoon movies and after playing super heroes games they start thinking that in any trouble they will rescued by some super heroes. Children who use too much technology may not have enough opportunities or to read and think deeply about the material.
Technology can put privacy and safety at Risk:
People who use technology may unwittingly share information that can put them in danger. In 82% online sex crimes against children, the sex offenders used social networking sites to get information about the victim’s preferences. Also the all data we share online are saving online data bases. Your account can be hacked etc
Poor sleep habits:
Another major effect of technology is that its effect on sleeping habits. We get sucked into inline activities that keep us up too late and constant stream of information can make it difficult to turn off our brains.
These are also some other major hazards of modern technology,
Lack of Social Skills
Neck and Head Pain
Higher Energy Consumption
In short technology makes our lives easier. But with each advantage comes a potential cost. When we understand those costs and minimize them we can keep the use of technology positive. Now it is our responsibility to make sure to use the positive use of technology otherwise soon all human beings will turn into a robotic mind or may be robot can be control human beings.
Q NO. 2
Islam and Extremism
7 Strategic Aims – Long and Short Terms
Fashion and Culture
Career in Fashion Industry
World of Glamour
Q 2: Keeping in view the steps of selecting effective topic for speech, your task is to give appropriate topics of the given below broad domains: • Extremism • Fashion Industry
Radicalization to violence
What’s in style now?