Organizational Patterns for Body of Speech
• To develop the concept about organizational patterns for the body of speech.
• To enhance the organizing skills in the speech by outlining the information.
Chronological order is the method of arranging your subject's main points in a time sequence.
Some information, such as a message about a historical movement or process, lends itself to
Question No 1:
Considering the chronological pattern of writing body of a speech, write two paragraphs on the
topic “COVID-19 pandemic”.
Note: Word limit should be between 400-450.
Question No 2:
Considering the topic “AstraZeneca Vaccine”, collect a one-paragraph material from each of the
following sources and give proper citation.
Sources of Gathering Material:
Note: The citation must include the following:
Communication Skills MCM301
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan SPRING 2021
ASSIGNMENT NO.2 MARKS: 15
• Article title
• Newspaper/Magazine title
• Date of publication
• Page number
(Marks: 2.5 + 2.5)
(Total Marks: 15)
Students will be able to find the reference to a source used in periodicals.
• Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero”
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra/grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on
last date. This extra time should only be used to meet emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Deadline: Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference
style” in Google and read various website containing information for better
understanding or visit
Opening Date and Time August 03 , 2021 at 12:01 A.M (Mid-Night)
Due Date and Time August 10 , 2021 at 11:59 P.M (Mid-Night)
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical
• Give the answer according to the question, there will be negative marking for
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the
video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after the due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt