MCM501 Assignment No. 01 Discussion and Solution Due Date December 1, 2014
Advertising for print and electronic media (MCM501)
This is to inform that an Assignment will be opened on November 25, 2014 and due date of assignment submission will be December 01, 2014.
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
MCM304 Mass Media in Pakistan VU
To develop the critical and analytical thinking among students regarding advertising.
To make them realize the importance of advertisements in the production promotion
Advertising is any controlled form of non-personal presentation and promotion of ideas,
goods and services by an identified sponsor that is used to inform and persuade the selected
market (Bolen. William H, Advertising, John Wiley & Sons, p.4, 1984)
Keeping in view the above definition, there are five distinguishing characteristics of
advertising which are given below:
• Non personal Presentation
• Promoting Ideas, goods or services
• Information and Persuasion
Your task is to watch the ad from the given below link and discuss the above mentioned
characteristics with reference to this advertisement.
Students will be able to:
Advertising for print and electronic media MCM501
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan SEMESTER FALL 2014
ASSIGNMENT NO.1 MARKS: 15 MCM304 Mass Media in Pakistan VU
• Compare the policies and values of advertising agencies
• Classify the situation of advertising requirements in a changing and globalizing of
Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero”.
Opening Date and Time November 25, 2014 At 12:01 A.M. (MidNight)
Due Date and Time December 01, 2014 At 11:59 P.M. (MidNight)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned
due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the
students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above
mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No
assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been
uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA
reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for
better understanding or visit
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch
the video lectures and use other reference books also. MCM304 Mass Media in Pakistan VU
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
Non personal presentation: