+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Discussed & be touched with this discussion. After discussion a perfect solution will come in a result at the end.
For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.
For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.
Or visit this link
Please Click on the below link to see…
P.S: Please always try to add the discussion in proper format title like “CS101 Assignment / GDB No 01 Solution & Discussion Due Date: ___________”
MCM511 Theories of Mass Communication VU
Theories of M ass Communication M CM 511
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan Fall 2018
ASSIGNMENT NO.1 MARKS: 15
• To develop analytical ability to analyses the theories of mass communication.
• To enhance the need of critical observation among students as they are future professionals.
Propaganda in the broadest sense is the technique of influencing human action by the manipulation of
representation. This representation may take spoken, written or pictorial form following are the types of
a. Black propaganda
b. White propaganda
c. Grey propaganda
Movies are a great source to entertain and enlighten of its audience on any socio political and cultural
issue. Movies are not only to entertain its viewers but also build an opinion on that issue through its story
and characters. Bollywood industry produced many famous movies and used this medium to do
propaganda against Pakistan/Muslims.
Your task is to identify the mentioned above types of propaganda has been done by the
Indian film Industry against Muslims/Pakistan in these Movies of “Padmavat” & “Baji
rao Mastani” and also give analysis of these movies not more than 70-100 words.
Explain the given term briefly with examples:
b. Card stacking on
• Students will be able to critically analyze the theory of Propaganda.
• Students will be able to analyze the functioning of media theories in Media Content.
MCM511 Theories of Mass Communication VU
Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero”.
Opening Date and Time November 29th , 2018 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid‐
Due Date and Time December 5th ,2018 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid‐
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned
due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the
students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above
mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No
assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been
uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA
reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for
better understanding or visit
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch
the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt