Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

25 Marks "MGMT625 - Change Management" Assignment Announced in LMS. Urgent to reply a reasonable idea solution for that.

Semester “Spring 2012”
“Change Management (mgmt625)”
Assignment No. 2

Schedule
Opening Date and Time June 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM (Mid-Night)

Closing Date and Time June 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM (Mid-Night)

Application of Pettigrew & Whipp’s Typology:

Foliage Fertilizers (FF) Limited, established in 1948, is a major participant of fertilizer industry,
operating through 500 employees.

The company was booming in the industry, but during 2004 a major issue had been identified by its top management which was affecting its sales drastically. The identified issue was the increasing rate of employee turnover among sales force of the FF, specifically scale 3 employees.

In order to resolve this major issue, immediate attention was given by the top heads and through mutual consent they had planned to restructure the existing system of employee promotions.
Within the previous system fresh graduates were appointed for the position of Sales Officer.

Job tenure of 6 years was mandatory to get promoted from sales officer to senior sales officer. And it took almost 6-8 years to reach at the position of Regional Manager. Sales officer was responsible for achieving sales targets and generating profits only. Especially employees of scale 3 were found more dissatisfied with their jobs.

As the job of sales officer provide no authority or any managerial responsibility, the nature of task had served as the main factor of their turnover. Moreover, other organizations provide better job opportunities to these fresh MBAs, which was also one of the major causes of their turnover.

The management of FF has resolved this issue by restructuring their promotion criteria and hierarchies.
Extensive meetings were held with managers of different departments and other effected employees, in
which each and every concern of employees was addressed. Management has clearly communicated
their objectives among employees through those series of meetings. Announcements were made on
regular basis to keep informed the employees about the change. And further all the restructuring
decisions were made after having the full consent of employees. Even the minor concerns of the
employees were given attention.

They divided their sales regions into more small sales areas to ensure more collaboration among the employees, furthermore, high performer sales mangers were promoted to Area managers immediately regardless of their job tenures. The restructure of sales regions enhanced the authority and managerial capability of Area managers, equivalent to the Regional mangers. According to new policy fresh MBAs will be directly appointed as Area managers and within two years of job they can be promoted to some managerial position in the head office.

All these measures have resolved the issue of employee turnover to greater extent which was further evident through their sales volume and revenues.

Read the above case thoroughly and disintegrate the information in the following categories.

(Total marks 25)

Only use the following format to answer the question.

Context of change
Content of change
Process of change

Best Of Luck!!...

Muhammad Kamran

Views: 271

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Be first to reply this assignment.

This is must for all those who are my classmates.

Remember me in your Prayers.

Kamran Kami.

0302-5263800

Here is the solution of MGMT625 assig 02

here is the solution of assignment..it is an easy one....jst add some more points from the assignment like i do

Context of change
  • Other organization’s promotion schemes
  • Better job opportunities

• No proper authority
Content of change
  • Reduce employee turnover
Process of change
  • Restructure existing structure of employee promotion
  • Minor concerns of employees were given attendance
  • Division of sales regions into more small sale areas
  • Appointment of fresh MBAs directly as area manager

Dear friend,

From the information you have told here i just could understand the process of change after discussing the whole of the assignment topic. But i have a little bit ambiguity in the above two points of change. Can you briefly reply in detail that what is the main difference between the "CONTEXT" and "CONTENT".

Please reply me earlier so that i could make the assignment uploaded as soon as possible due to insufficient time.

Cheers,

Muhammad Kamran

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Dear Fellows,

All of you are requested, Please post Only One Discussion For Current Assignment/GDB/Online Quiz and everyone reply/share/discussed his/her data on that same discussion, so that all members get solution & discuss easily on Current Assignment/GDB/Online Quiz.

So please don’t post two or more discussions for one Current Assignment/GDB/Online Quiz, hope you’ll understand and cooperate with us.

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution.

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Below

Latest Activity

© 2022   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service