We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
TOPIC: Organizational Structure
OBJECTIVE OF THE ACTIVITY: This activity intends to help the students to understand:
• How organizations are structured based on reporting relationships and task allocation. LEARNING OUTCOMES After attempting this activity,
students will be able to: • Compare and contrast organizations based on structural design by identifying key features of each.
BACKGROUND 1. The Mug Factory is a medium-sized manufacturer of crockery items.Since the company is famous for its stylish mugs and segregate its functions into different units like marketing, engineering and business development. Therefore, minimal changes have been brought about in the designs. Most of the factory workers have been with the company since many years and are now experts in the design, quality and production process of the mugs. The company is able to utilize its resources for instance, technology, raw materials, human resource and capital.
2. The Fashion Field is a manufacturing firm with different cosmetic products offering a wide range based on different prices and colors. The team comprises of experts in color combination, cost control, quality assurance. Members are assigned to more than one department and they share information among team members. However, this creates stress among team members who are working on various product lines which results number of conflicts and effects overall performance of employees.
Requirement: Identify the two types of organizations above based on structural design and justify your answer with logical arguments.
Important: Grace period of extra 24 hours after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
• Take help from internet for collecting the information.
• Carefully watch relevant lectures and consult the relevant material from handouts along with recommended books.
• Attempt the assignment by yourself and it will be entertained positively.
Other Important Instructions: Deadline:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted. Formatting guidelines:
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format. • You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
Rules for Marking: Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0),
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive Dear Students! As you know that Post Mid-Term semester activities have been started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country now a days. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
Functional structure for MUG factory and Matrix Structure for cosmetics firm.. its my opinion.. please join me guys
Divisional Structure is best for 1st Scenario (Mug Factory)