We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
SEMESTER SPRING 2014
INTRODUCTION TO PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
DUE DATE: 26 MAY, 2014
Please read the following instruction carefully before preparing the assignment solution:
· Be very specific and focused on the issue while answering a question.
· Your answer should not exceed 300 words.
· To make students aware of the practical implications of Bureaucracy
· To create understanding about Public sector bureaucracy and enhance the
analytical power of students
You have read Max Weber’s Theory of Bureaucracy that emphasizes a structures
organization. Why has bureaucracy of Pakistan developed a bad reputation? Do you think
this theory is still effective and applicable under current circumstances of Pakistan?
Discuss with proper arguments.
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome
uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the
emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final
to avoid any inconvenience.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS/ SOLUTION GUIDELINES/ SPECIAL
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
· Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
· Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
· Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
· It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
· You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
· Use black and blue font colors only.
· Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA
reference style” in Google and read various websites containing
information for better understanding or visit
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
· It is submitted after the due date.
· The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
· It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel,
PowerPoint, PDF etc.
· It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have started
and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country.
Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities
as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your
convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on
VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be
entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
Best of Luck!
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
kitny marks ki assignment hai?
10 marks ki
ap ne solve kar li ?
I think so the role of bureaucracy is very important in pakistan but it’s a general idea that pakistani bureaucracy always play negative role in pakistan.they always are active parts of non democarative goverments and they have a strong hold on policies made by pakistan,s govt.from 1947 to 1971 pakistani bureaucracy play dominent role in policy making.first time bhutto take administrative reform and try to show the inflence of elected representatives over unelected institutions.misuse of this influence results in politicization of bureaucracy and the concept of competant and neutral bureaucracy goes wide.bhutto remove the bureaucracy protection by taking it out of the 1973 constitution.after that bureaucracy plays negative role in Pakistan and they are always support military govt.as the politisions know that bureaucracy is the main resistant to change so they influence bureaucracy by giving jobs to their loyalists in key positions to promote their policies.and this is the main factor “that we say that bureaucracy play bad role” because when your national institutions are so much politicized and jobs are given to relatives and peers instead of qualified peoples.in Pakistan bureaucracy is an elite force holding high level position.they rule the country in an extream silent mode.in Pakistan most people think that our politions are corrupt but most people donot know that politions came in cabinet for a specified period but bureaucrats keep occupying thei seats through out their age so they misuse their power.in current ncircumstances I think so the theory of max werber is not applicable in Pakistan because in Pakistan some time beurocrates have to fallow the decisions of ministers,they couldnot sustain their position without support of ministers,they cannot occupy position because of their performance but due to approach.in Pakistan personal contacts and relations not job related skills influence hiring and promotion decisions.so werbers theory isnot applicable in Pakistan.we can improve the current situation by applying principles given by werber . Neutral bureaucracy means the civil servants who are full-time, permanent non-political employees of the government should not be aligned with any political party or political ideology. In other words, they must show political neutrality. The civil servants therefore, should serve any government with enthusiasm, integrity, impartiality and disinterestedness.
maryam s thanks for sharing..keep it up
Note for All Members: You don’t need to go any other site for this assignment/GDB/Online Quiz solution, Because All discussed data of our members in this discussion are going from here to other sites. You can judge this at other sites yourself. So don’t waste your precious time with different links.
Max Weber theory:-
Bureaucratic Theory was developed by a German Sociologist and political economist Max Weber (1864-1920). According to him, bureaucracy is the most efficient form of organisation. The organisation has a well-defined line of authority. It has clear rules and regulations which are strictly followed.
Image Credits © gatoconbotas_fc.
According to Max Weber, there are three types of power in an organisation :-
1. Traditional Power,
2. Charismatic Power, and
3. Bureaucratic Power Or Legal Power.
Features of Bureaucratic Organisation
The characteristics or features of Bureaucratic Organisation are as follows :-
1. There is a high degree of Division of Labour and Specialisation.
2. There is a well defined Hierarchy of Authority.
3. It follows the principle of Rationality, Objectively and Consistency.
4. There are Formal and Impersonal relations among the member of the organisation.
5. Interpersonal relations are based on positions and not on personalities.
6. There are well defined Rules and Regulations. There rules cover all the duties and rights of the employees. These rules must be strictly followed.
7. There are well defined Methods for all types of work.
8. Selection and Promotion is based on Technical qualifications.
9. Only Bureaucratic or legal power is given importance