We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Suppose you are working in the quality department of a textile unit. Your job responsibility is to test the color of fabric. Being the quality controller what quality control system from the following you will adopt? Justify your answer

• JIT
  • GANTT CHART
  • PERT

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

..How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 225

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

Replies to This Discussion

Please Discuss here about this GDB.Thanks
Please discuss it.
Koi share kre b sahi yaar.............
koi to share kar just pta to chale...!!

Listen or read Lec#36...you will get its answer...all Three quality control system is discussed in Lec#36...

Back-Bencher!

jit, gant chart or pert they are not quality control systems i guess yea tu production planning ke tools hain or jit  ka bhi koi talaq nahi ban rhaa hai   fabric color testing say............ i think they are tricking with us by giving such gdb...
Idea Solution:-

I'll prefer JIT strategy.
JIT focuses on continuous improvement and can improve a manufacturing organization's return on investment quality and efficiency. To achieve continuous improvement key areas of focus could be flow, employee involvement and quality.Just-in-time (JIT) is an inventory strategy that strives to improve a business's return on investment by reducing in-process inventory and associated carrying costs.This saves warehouse space and costs.

Whereas PERT is applied to very large-scale, one-time, complex, non-routine infrastructure and Research and Development projects And GANTT CHART became a common feature of web-based applications, including collaborative groupware

( i don't know its correct or not)

According to my point of view PERT chart system will be used. Since the color of fabric can be affected by various factors such as washing, wearing, soap, hot irons, etc. It means to test the color of fabric we have to perform various activities as well. Therefore PERT chart system will be best to perform these activities.  

by sara

JIT focuses on continuous improvement and can improve a manufacturing organization's return on investment quality and efficiency. To achieve continuous improvement key areas of focus could be flow, employee involvement and quality.Just-in-time (JIT) is an inventory strategy that strives to improve a business's return on investment by reducing in-process inventory and associated carrying costs.This saves warehouse space and costs.

Whereas PERT is applied to very large-scale, one-time, complex, non-routine infrastructure and Research and Development projects And GANTT CHART became a common feature of web-based applications, including collaborative groupware.
Gantt and PERT are the charts used by project manager to control and manage flow of the task to be done whereas the Jit program is originally related to the quality.

I will prefer Jit program, it can be defined as:-
Quality is an integral part of a JIT program.It is a check of quality on every stage of manufacturing including the purchase of raw material.
It helps out to increase supplier quality. There are two methods in JIT system:-
1. supplier quality engineering (SQE)
2. receiving inspection (RI).
GANTT

A Gantt chart is a type of bar chart that illustrates a project schedule. Gantt charts illustrate the start and finish dates of the terminal elements and summary elements of a project. Terminal elements and summary elements comprise the work breakdown structure of the project. Some Gantt charts also show the dependency (i.e., precedence network) relationships between activities. Gantt charts can be used to show current schedule status using percent-complete shadings and a vertical "TODAY" line

PERT

The Program (or Project) Evaluation and Review Technique, commonly abbreviated PERT, is a model for project management designed to analyze and represent the tasks involved in completing a given project. It is commonly used in conjunction with the critical path method or CPM.

JIT

Just-in-time (JIT) is an inventory strategy that strives to improve a business's return on investment by reducing in-process inventory and associated carrying costs. Just In Time production method is also called the Toyota Production System. To meet JIT objectives, the process relies on signals or Kanban (看板, Kanban?) between different points in the process, which tell production when to make the next part. Kanban are usually 'tickets' but can be simple visual signals, such as the presence or absence of a part on a shelf. Implemented correctly, JIT focuses on continuous improvement and can improve a manufacturing organization's return on investment, quality, and efficiency. To achieve continuous improvement key areas of focus could be flow, employee involvement and quality.
thanks..!!

RSS

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service