We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
Principle of Marketing (MGT 301) Spring, 2015
Graded Discussion Board No. 1
Due Date: June 02, 2015.
Total Marks: 10.
Topic: Understanding Marketing & Marketing Trends.
NOTE: There is no grace period in case of GDB
To familiarize the students with the power of brand towards fascinating its target market, and acquaint them with the latest trends of garment industry of Pakistan.
After attempting the GDB students will be able to:
The trend of wearing branded clothes is radically increasing among general public specifically in metropolitan cities of Pakistan such as Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad etc. We daily come across a large number of billboards displaying designers’ latest collections that are advertised by the best models, actors, and actresses. Ready to wear branded clothes are now likely acquired by customers and these brands are using inimitable promotional procedures to attract their respective target market. In continuation to this, a new trend of producing branded clothes for kids is observed, famous brands such as; Mini Minors, Colors, Maria B, Outfitters, Leisure Club, and Cross Roads are quite renowned in this regard. Ideally, parents and adults are seen as more brand conscious whereas kids usually don’t have any brand sense, having said this people are getting more brand conscious and want their kids to wear branded clothes as well. This is the reason why companies are catering adults and kids for producing unique, fashionable, and stylish cloth.
Point of discussion:
As a customer how would you perceive above scenario, and do you support this branding trend shift from adults to kids? Share your opinion with proper arguments.
The total marks of this GDB are 10; mention at least 4 points in detail to justify your answer. Avoid irrelevant text/material while answering the question.
For acquiring the relevant knowledge, do not rely only on handouts but also watch the course video lectures and read additional material available online or in any other mode.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Sometimes all these branded cloths or product should be the waste of money and time because if buyers are not feel great with the brand which we purchased.
As we know that very well we are living in the world of great competition and in this competitive world everyone tries to be better than other to achieve competitive advantage.We all know that customers always like to try something new, unique and innovative. Some customers are in habit of trying new brands. Now people like to wear branded clothes and companies are now focusing to produce branded clothes for kids So as a customer I would not really support the fashion branding trend shift from adults to kids
Reasons are as follows
1. Branded clothes worth only when these are of good quality and it may possible that stylish and fashionable branded clothes lack quality and do not fit due to lack of long lasting reliability.
2. These branded clothes can be the cause of waste of money as if customers are not satisfied with the brand after purchasing it
3. Sometimes people are in habit of trying something new. Because celebrity brand endorsement attracts them to try branded clothes (because people always like the brands promoted by the celebrities which they admire) so it’s cannot be a good idea because kids do not have sense of brands
4. Customer demands keep on changing with time and they like brands and products which are just according to their needs and expectations if they do not get what they want they can become irritated So if kids do not get branded clothes of their choice they can become irritated as they do not have any sense of brand they have only demands and expectations which they want to fulfill at any cost so I would disagree with the support of branding trend shift from adults to kids
5. Customers should try branded clothes if and only if they are of best quality, reliable, provide value for money, customer satisfaction otherwise it will create waste of money, time and effort leading to customer dissatisfaction and failure of brand in market.
I also support this scenario because branded clothes are of good quality, unique in design and follow the latest in fashion.
However they come with a heavy price and they kids know nothing about brands as they are too young to notice.
Mostly parents want to show off their social status by buying these extremely expensive clothes for their children. You can buy a pair of jeans and t-shirt for a couple of hundred rupees or a couple of thousand rupees. It depends on how much you can and are willing to spend.
For marketers, this is a big new market and big revenue stream.