Semester “Fall 2011”
“Principles of Marketing (MGT301)”
Assignment No. 02 Marks: 30
Avari Hotel Lahore is one of the leading five star hotels serving the customers for last three decades. There are 190 rooms including 15 executive suits in five story building. It also comprised of 5 restaurants, 4 meeting rooms, 3 function halls, and 2 banquet halls. Rooms have been designed by keeping in view requirements of different customers like Lady Avari room (for single lady), E-Rooms (Business travelers), Jacuzzi rooms to provide value added luxury services for high class people who are expecting more values for the price.
Lahore is the largest city of Punjab. It is also the main hub of educational, industrial, financial and recreational activities. It is famous as City of “Gardens and colleges”. Mostly people say it “Heart of Pakistan”. In addition it is the provincial capital of Punjab Government. These all things attract diplomats and Government officials for important meetings.
Due to historical heritage of Badshahi Mosque, the Lahore Fort, the Shalimar Gardens, Emperor Jeanie’s & Empress Noor Jehan’s mausoleums, Museum and Minar e Pakistan, Lahore is the major source of tourist attraction from all around the world.
Head offices of most of organizations are located in Lahore, so top management also prefers Avari Hotel for meetings. Big Industries also schedule their meetings with foreign customers in Avari hotel, so it is the best place for business and corporate customers. Business and corporate customers mostly visit Avari Hotel as compared to other customers.
Rich families also stay in Avari during their Lahore visit or for the purpose of any function. New married couples also consider Avari for stay. These are walk in customers or planned visitors.
Few customers just visit Avari for late night stay. These types of customers visit Lahore for some important work. For example, Lawyers of other cities stay at night and want to join Lahore High Court to present case in early morning. These types of customers are considered late night residential customers.
It is the nature of customers to concentrate on prices with the expectations of high quality. Pearl continental hotel is the big competitors of Avari.
Answer the following questions:
Q # 1 15 Marks
Describe what kind of core product, actual product and augmented product are being offered by Avari Hotel? Also discuss, which factors can better help Avari Hotel in developing a competitive edge than other five star hotels? (Residential purpose only).
Q # 2 15 Marks
Should Avari Hotel offers the fixed prices for all type of customers above or any other pricing strategy? Support your answer with logical reasoning.
The Special Note: How can you avoid zero marks status?
Dear Students! You are encouraged to consult both online and offline sources with objective to enhance your understanding of the topic of the assignment. But consulting the sources does not mean that you start copy-paste the material from sources. If you do so you will certainly lose marks or your assignment will be graded zero on account of copying from a source. The workable strategy is to consult the source, enhance your knowledge and write in your own words. A special instruction regarding how to attempt the assignment is given in the announcement because it has been observed that many site and blogs are promoting the culture of cheating and copy/paste among the students and adversely damaging the grades and career of VU students. You all are requested not to copy or read such sub-standard answer that not
only kills the creativity but also sabotage the career as well.
Best of luck!
1. This Assignment can be best attempted from the knowledge acquired after watching video lecture no. 1 to lecture no 26 and reading handouts as well as recommended text book).
2. Video lectures can be downloaded for free from www.youtube.com/vu
Opening Date and Time
December 22, 2011 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Due Date and Time
December 27, 2011 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: 24 Hrs extra / grace periodafter the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. Noassignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has beenuploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APAreference style” in Google and read various website containinginformation for better understanding or visithttp://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of ananalytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative markingfor irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts butwatch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than .doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…
please discuss here about the solution of the assignment
sadia give me solution of this assingment
Dear, can u sent me that MGT 301 Principle of Marketing at email@example.com
sadia api & tariq bhai plz solution upload kr den kal last date ha
waiting 4 solution
Waseem Mushtaq gud keep it up
PLZ UPOLAD THE IDEA SOLUTION KL LAST DATE HAI.
plz upload the solution plzzzzzzzzzz
idea solution of mgt 301
well done sadia ..u r handy at this moment for me....
thx alot sis & Tariq bhai. JAZAK ALLAH