Objective of this discussion is to enable students to get in depth knowledge of different types of leasing. Real time scenarios are developed to distinguish the differentiate types of leasing according to nature and types of agreement.
After this valuable discussion students will be able to compare, distinguish and relate two major types of leasing and able to understand nature of agreement that is necessary to declare an agreement as a leasing agreement.
(A) Firdous limited is intended to acquire an asset for one season that is consisted of 6 months. Hefty amount is needed to acquire the asset so, company decided to acquire it on lease. After six month period, leasing agreement will be expired without any possession.
(B) PK Plus limited acquire asset on lease from Damas leasing company. PK plus has an option to purchase the asset at end of lease term, on below its fair price.
(C) Admiral limited got an asset on lease. According to the expert the economic useful life of asset is not more than 12 years. Whereas, term of lease is for 10 years. Furthermore, company has no intention to purchase the asset at the end of lease term.
(D) Pine Corporation acquired an asset on lease without intention to purchase it at expiry of series of rental payments. Fair value of asset is Rs.100,000 and rental payment is Rs.80,000.
Requirement: From above given scenarios identify types of lease with proper reasoning.
2. Jade company Ltd. acquired an assets form its associated company BBG. Jade company will use the asset for 6 year and will pay monthly installments to BBG
Requirement: Is this agreement is lease agreement? Discuss.
1. The GDB will remain open for 3 working days/ 72 hours.
2. Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
3. Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
4. Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
For Detailed Instructions please see the GDB Announcement
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
mgt 401 gdb idea soul
tell some aboput 2nd question plzzz
In real life lease agreements are of 3 to 7 years duration, so this is lease agrement.
the lease agreements have the option for purchase of the assets at the
end of the lease period. There are no financial restrictions in the lease agreements.
1 a) operating