We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
SEMESTER FALL 2013
MONEY & BANKING (MGT411)
ASSIGNMENT NO.01 (NON-GRADED ACTIVITY)
DUE DAT OBE: 28THNOVEMBER 2013 MARKS: 20
It will enable the student to:
• Measure the most desirable outcome among several varying possible outcomes.
• Measure the risk associated with the volatile outcomes as well as with the life’s important
• Apply the concept of discounting in capital budgeting.
• Measure and compare the profitability of an investment.
• Decide whether one should accept the project or make investment or not.
After going through this activity, the students would be able to
• Measure most desirable outcome and risk that is associated with several varying
• Calculate the specific rate for an investment that determines the profitability and the
acceptance/ rejection of a project or investment.
Every year, thousands of students enter the job market with degrees in hand to compete for the government jobs for being secure and comparatively easier. But such opportunities are getting rare and tougher due to the large number of applicants and growing rate of unemployment. Due to this factor, the applicants are left with the only option to look around for a private sector jobs which are less secure and more demanding.
In such an economy, Mr. Hammad is enrolled in the course of Money and banking for his MBA degree as it helps students to learn the concepts of Financial Instruments and Financial Markets. He wants to be a broker at a stock exchange so that he may live a life of luxuries. The probability of getting such a job is 60 percent with a starting income of Rs. 20,833 monthly. If he fails, he will ultimately have to work for some bank with a starting income of Rs.16,667 monthly. Since it is difficult these days to live a standard life with source of income, he intends to save some of his earnings for investment in bonds with a maturity of five years. If he gets his desired job and accumulates funds worth Rs. 5,00,000 then he makes an investment that promises to pay 0.4 times of the investment every year till maturity.
a) What will be Mr. Hammad’s expected starting salary as well as the standard deviation of
that starting pay. (10 marks)
b) What will be the “internal rate of return of Mr. Hammad’s investment”? (10 marks)
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading
difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned
due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in
Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be accepted, if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Pre Mid‐Term semester activities have been started and load
shedding problem is also prevailing in our country now a days. Keeping in view
the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without
waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already
been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be
entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
Could't get the idea behind. how to solve it by standard deviation and then by IRR.
any idea related to this.
kindly explain the above said query of pair doll .we need some guideline form you on this assignment. i hope you will do best for us .waiting your prompt reply sir
Dear sir Kindly tell us its a nongrade assignment .its total marks is 20 while the assignment has toal marks is 15 . kindly tell this difference ???
sir its nongraded assignment or not tell me ??
any body there
ye graded assignment nai hai???is k marks add nai hu gy kya???
MARKS: 20 hain es ke
ya non greaded ha
yes its non graded assignment
non graded ha to kisi ko karna nhi ha kiaaaaaaaaa?
nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii kia faida