We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

The given case is about the importance of human resource planning and shortage of workers. Students
need to identify the appropriate strategy or strategies applicable in this case. First question is based on
the shortage of workers that how this issue can be overcome. Second question revolves around on the
benefits of effective human resource planning. In both questions, students have to align their
descriptions with the case for proper justification.

CASE :1

Last year from Abu Dhabi, I visited my hometown in Lower Punjab where I got the opportunity to meet one of
my friends who works in Dubai. Filled with irritation, he explained me that how he is facing a delay in
construction of his house. When we both reached to talk to the contractor, he informed that there is an
immense shortage of workers. My friend also told me that sometimes he had to bring few workers on his own
vehicle from other distant areas for continuation of construction work.

My friend was in pain due to this issue. Basically the whole town was bearing this problem and it was the
famous saying over there that in order to build a house here you need good networking with the house
contractors rather lots of money. In our town, most people like us had migrated to Arab countries for good
earning which now has caused an extreme shortage of workers. Besides this, even in recent years when
industries were started up in this city, there is still a shortage of workers.

Few days back, I got a chance to meet one of my relatives who is working in a factory. He illuminated me that
the factory does not forecast that how many workers they would need in the coming times. He also identified
that even such gaps are not addressed in factory’s meetings and the management does not take any interest.
Compensation system is not being reviewed and so they are unaware regarding the market pay levels which
have forced the workers to move abroad for a better salary. I was also amazed to hear that the factory invites
workers from other cities as well but the workers leave once they do not get the appropriate pay.

After this conversation, I analyzed that there must be a proper channel for addressing the labor issues and their
forecasting which is badly missing right now. But it is never too late; I believe the time has come to change
this image of migrating to other countries and building up their economies by sacrificing our own.

Questions:

1. Keeping in view the above scenario, according to you, what measures can be taken to address the
issue of shortage of workers in the city?

2. How effective human resource planning can a bridge the gaps in the factory?

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 1827

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

Study Time.... Start

Any idea for solution???

Idea Sab ka....... Solution Apna Apna.... 

yes yes :D ....but idea to do koi ;)

yr koe idea he send kr dy

in this scenairo we hve cme to know that shortage of worker is due to shortge of basic need of workers, if they facilitate the worker by giving pick & drop OR arranging of accommodation with a gud food, so i hope this issue of shortage of workers in the city will be minimize. 

workers kay shortage say bachnay kay liye some factors par ghor karna chahye !

* Salry

* Duty Timing 

* Resources for work

* pay according to the work load

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

Dear Students Don’t wait for solution post your problems here and discuss ... after discussion a perfect solution will come in a result. So, Start it now, replies here give your comments according to your knowledge and understandings....

Effective Human Resource Planning

People are indeed the greatest assets to an organisation; they are the foundation, but also one of the largest expenses. Thus it is critical that an organisation ensures that these human assets are properly utilised before going ahead and hiring new staff. However, when you have hundreds of projects and many employees, there is bound to be a resource allocation inefficiency – right? Wrong. Resource inefficiency can be greatly reduced – if we make the right choice.
In today’s organisations, it is increasingly difficult to manually calculate an accurate demand and supply of human resources across the organisation. This is because when there are complex organisational structures, matrix management and many projects, the visibility of the work and resources goes down. If you want to enable accurate human resource planning in order to maximise the utilisation of your employees, then it is important that you implement a proper centralised system with the right processes.
This means not just any old system, but one that will keep up with the pace of your dynamic organisation and continuously track the supply and demand of human resources in order to support you bridge the inefficiency gap. When finding the right system for your human resource planning, the following steps are a must:
Determine current and future SUPPLY of human resources
Determine current and future DEMAND of human resources
Match DEMAND with SUPPLY and determine the gap
Create and implement plan to bridge the gap between DEMAND & SUPPLY

Following easures can be taken to address the issue of shortage of workers in the city

• Salry
  • Duty Timing 
  •  Resources for work
  • pay according to the work load

The emergence of human resource management can be attributed to the writings of the human relationists who attached 
great significance to the human factor.Human Resource Management permeates all the functional area of management such as production management, financial management, and marketing management. That is every manager from top to bottom, 
working in any department has to perform the personnel functions. From top level to lower while as a factory worker or as a manager.Human Resource Planning, i.e., determining the number and kinds of personnel required to fill various positions in the 
organisation.the role of human resource management is very important in an organisation and it should not be undermined especially in large scale enterprises. It is the key to the whole organisation and related to all other activities of the management 
i.e., marketing, production, finance etc.To carry people through upheaval requires the true management of human resources.Rather than being an isolated function, human resource is regarded as a core activity, one which shapes a company‘s values. In particular, this can have an impact on customer service.

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconMuhammad Younas Rajpoot, Zeeshan Khalid, iramnadeem and 14 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
7 minutes ago
Profile IconSyeda Kinza and Rana Usman joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
7 minutes ago
٤ دن replied to + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Happy Marriage to "Zee" & " Nomi weds Noor"....!
11 minutes ago
٤ دن updated their profile
17 minutes ago
༺łℳℜ₳₦༻ immy posted a discussion
59 minutes ago
+ Danial replied to + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Happy Marriage to "Zee" & " Nomi weds Noor"....!
4 hours ago
Aijaz khan posted a discussion
4 hours ago
khurram us salam replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion ACC501 GDB Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group ACC501 Business Finance
5 hours ago
khurram us salam joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
5 hours ago
+ ՏhehαrZααD + replied to + ՏhehαrZααD +'s discussion Assalamu Alaikum
6 hours ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! Blu Moon replied to + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Happy Marriage to "Zee" & " Nomi weds Noor"....!
6 hours ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + Iuuoɔǝut +'s discussion After and Before Marriage situations
6 hours ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + Iuuoɔǝut +'s discussion Rules for Happy Marriage Life
6 hours ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked +***piya o ry piya***+'s discussion eng201
6 hours ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion جسکی سنو وہی فرشتہ
6 hours ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + ! ❤INNOCENT❤'s discussion Faqeer
6 hours ago
+++"MinShah"+++ updated their profile
6 hours ago
abdul bari updated their profile
6 hours ago
Zain Arshad replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion ENG201 Business and Technical English Writing Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group ENG201 Business and Technical English Writing
6 hours ago
+ "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •" replied to + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Happy Marriage to "Zee" & " Nomi weds Noor"....!
6 hours ago

Today Top Members 

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service