We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
Topic: Job Design
To understanding the difference between two important concepts of job design i.e job enlargement and job enrichment.
Mr. Asim owns a computer software company, which specializes in designing programs for clients. Asim's company used to call up clients, describe their product offerings, and then try to sell software to these clients that would be appropriate to their businesses. Recently he found a more effective and profitable way to do business when an accounting firm approached him which was interested to replace their outdated in use software program with a new one, designed specifically according to their working requirement.
Asim allowed his programmers to meet the client to understand their problems and requirements. For this purpose the team of programmers visited the client and made notes regarding the company needs. They also asked the software users about the type of program they would like. The team took these ideas back to the office and began working on them. They were allowed to do scheduling in their own way to complete the task within one month. The program was developed so effectively that the company purchased it. Asim intends to continue this hands-on approach.
Based on your analysis of the given scenario, have the programmers' jobs been enlarged or enriched? Defend your stance.
1. Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
2. Your answer should not exceed 150 words.
3. Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students.
4. Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
5. Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
It is job enrichment .. because as a programmer if you are given responsibility to visit client and get requirement means programmer is having added role of system analyst. he will feel satisfied with this role and it will be added benefits in his career. So it Job Enrichment.
job enrichment hi lag raha hy wohi kar dia mene bhi ..
Job enlargement means increasing the scope of a job through extending the range of its job duties and responsibilities generally within the same level and periphery.
Dear 100% job enlargment hay.
if it is job enrichment than please clear it
it is 100 % job enlargment plz take guide from senerios and teachers.
haha bhai itna confuse krky to abh :(
yes its job enrichment becoz the all are already meeting the customers requirements. only difference is that early they meet the client needs indoors now they started meeting outdoors.
Job enlargement done..
mubarak ho ap ny job enrichment kia ha to tekh kia ha
2. Job enlargement is the allocation of a wider variety of similar tasks to a job in order to make it
a. Job enlargement broadens job scope, the number of different tasks an employee performs in a
b. The problem is that if additional simple tasks are added, worker boredom may persist. Too,
lower efficiency, mental overload, increased errors, and other problems may develop.
3. Job enrichment, pioneered by Frederick Hertzberg, is the process of upgrading the job-task mix in
order to increase significantly the potential for growth, achievement, responsibility, and recognition.
a. Job enrichment increases Job depth, the degree to which individuals can plan and control the
work involved in their jobs.
b. The important job characteristics model is a model developed to guide job enrichment
efforts that include consideration of core job characteristics, critical psychological states,
c. The job characteristics model has five core job characteristics.
1) Skill variety is the extent to which the job requires a number of activities that require
2) Task identity is the degree to which the job allows the completion of a major identifiable
piece of work, rather than just a fragment.
3) Task significance is the extent to which the worker sees the job output as having an
important impact on others.
4) Autonomy is the amount of discretion allowed in determining schedules and work
methods for achieving the required output.
5) Feedback is the degree to which the job provides clear, timely information about
d. According to the job characteristics model, the core characteristics will increase worker
motivation only if workers experience three critical psychological states.
1) Workers must feel that the work is meaningful.
2) Workers must know they are responsible for the outcomes.
3) Workers must actually find out results.
e. According to the job characteristics model, outcomes of the critical states will be higher
internal work motivation, greater satisfaction of growth needs, higher general job satisfaction,
and increased work effectiveness.
f. The job characteristics model is likely to be used successfully under two conditions.
1) Workers have high growth-need strength, the degree to which an individual needs
personal growth and development on the job.
2) Workers are satisfied with other aspects of the job context, i.e. supervision, pay, coworkers,
dear students in my opinion this is job enrichment. So you can read this matrial for more knowledge.