We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

GDB

Total Marks 30

Starting Date 
Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Closing Date 
Thursday, November 28, 2013

You are working as HR Director in FMCG organization. As you return to your office from a meeting, you notice that your secretary is on the phone. When you enter your room, you see that one line on your phone is lit (the one your secretary is on) and one is blinking-someone is on hold. You pick up the blinking line and you get an earful. It is your biggest retail customer. She has called twice, once letting the phone ring 8 times before hanging up and a second time letting it ring 7 times before your sectary picked up the phone. Your secretary then put your customer on hold for 9 minutes. No one get back to your customer until you picked up the line. When you ask, your secretary says that she was talking to her husband, with whom she is on the verge of breaking up.

Question:

What do you say or do to your secretary and why?

Important Instructions:

1. Your discussion must be based on logical facts. Word limit is 150-200 words

2. The GDB will remain open for 3 working days/ 72 hours.

3. Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students.

4. Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.

5. Questions/queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 6341

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

Question:

What do you say or do to your secretary and why?

Solution:

1) start with reason behind her carelessness, there are no strict rules to be followed that's why she showed such carelessness. 2) notice should be pasted on buttin board or notice board that cellphone use and personal calls/emails are not allowed. 3) memo on this instruction and other necessary/related instructions should be given to all employees, email can be send as replacement also. It should be clearly mentioned in memo and notice that will be pasted on notice board that work and client is 1st priority 4) Warning letter should be given to secretary 5) For new hiring, HR manager has to revise the contract common/ general clauses for all employees and has to mention it clearly that it's not allowed to sort out personal problem during working hours. He has to overview current situation, behavior, activities of all employees of all departments and has to amend contract accordingly so that new employees take responsibility and show professionalism. one more thing, instead of giving warning letter, HR manager can personally talk to his secretary in a polite n gentle way and can tell her not to do this again, but he has to give memo to all staff so that it will not happen again

We may say that

it is against business ethics

customer  is first priority

source of income is customer

first perform duties related to job then personal issues

use personal cell phones for personal issues

losing customers will reduce incomes

EXPLAIN IT IN YOUR OWN WORDS

Thanks Sir g

yes i agree with ths sol coz aik business man ke liye apny customers or incom zyada matr krty hain nd ths is totaly against the rules of any organization to use the phone fr prsonal purpose.. wo bi itny tym tk..hr kisi ko apni personal life professional life sy seperate rkhni hoti hy.... phn use krny ki permisn to hmain school me ni hy aik dfa class room ke drwazy py khry ho ke jst apna atm actv kraya aik min ka kam tha to mam ny offc me bula ke orally warn kia:(:(

bs yea hoga k usay politly smjahana chayai n warn kar dain n bettr to yahi ha k hum usay leave dai dain coz agar na di to it is possible k wo again aisa karain n maybe wo as such itna cncntration na dai pai so being a HR directr we shld help listn to her pro n try to gave symphty :)

agar bichari ki talaaq hogai to secrtry hath sa chali jai gi :P

kindly koi sir  k comments regarding this gdb post kre yahan..

FIA: khud bi kuch ker lo na

ya mere tara tum bi koi kaam ni karty

any body here, why discussion not going well... plz share ur ideas. time is very short 

"Being an HR Director of FMCG organization, I will be worried about lack of professionalism of my secretary.  No doubt her personal life is being tackled with a very serious problem, but still she needs to do her job. When you are in an organization you are there for work, and one should do work at time of work.  I will show my sympathy to her, and in a lenient manner I will convey to her to be more professional in future.  As, our biggest retail customer is on hold, our customers do not understand any concern we are having in our personal life’s.  Customers means business, and they are king of market, moreover, a company is earning from customers and should give sheer importance to its customers.

On the other hand, again I will show my sympathy to her, and in lenient manner I will convey to her to be more professional in future. If possible, I will give her couple of leaves from her annual leaves, so she had all the time to solve her personal life conflict and start fresh when she comes back. "

I think it would be more prudent if the Director should wait after the divore of the Secretary and then get married with her so the next time wo aisa kam na kare. Hows it?

WaH Apki SocH ko SalaM....

#Malik Asim i think u should post ur message in gdb's box .... M Sure Sir will appreciate you answer...

Thank u soooo much all of u guyz,

aj ki gdb banay me bohat maza aya

bohat achy coments thy sab k

kaam k sath sath entertain b kia.

RSS

Latest Activity

+ Danial liked + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion Happy Birth Day Zargiyah (Tasha <3)
5 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked Muhammad Younas Rajpoot's discussion ECO404 assignment 1 fall semester dated 19-11-2019
5 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked waqas ahmad's discussion isl 201
5 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked zobialatif's discussion hazrat ali says
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + IUUOƆƎUT +'s discussion Kabhi aye haqeeqat e muntizir
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked Abdul Majid Jamil's discussion for assignment of zoogy on topic wildlife counting
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked Azhar Sagar's discussion How to make srs Software Requirements Specification
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked Moji's discussion MCM301 assignment no 1
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked Aijaz khan's discussion CS608 - Software Verification and Validation Assignment No. 2 Need Solution
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion If you have sOmething stupid to saY............
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked zohaib iftikhar's discussion ...* NASEEB TAK RASAI ...*
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion Don't Look for Perfection........ LOVE lies in imperfection
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked +! ! ! "Asнтαℓғαн's discussion Happy wala Birthday tashy patashy ❤ (Tasha)
6 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion Happy Birth Day Zargiyah (Tasha <3)
7 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + IUUOƆƎUT +'s discussion کہو تو لوٹ جاتے ہیں ۔ ۔ ۔
7 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! AG liked + IUUOƆƎUT +'s discussion How Can You Get Secured of Being Banned On Ning
7 minutes ago
Danial added a discussion to the group MCM501 Advertising for Print and Electronic Media
29 minutes ago
Zareen replied to + IUUOƆƎUT +'s discussion How Can You Get Secured of Being Banned On Ning
31 minutes ago
khurram us salam replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion ACC501 GDB Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group ACC501 Business Finance
32 minutes ago
+ IUUOƆƎUT + replied to + IUUOƆƎUT +'s discussion کہو تو لوٹ جاتے ہیں ۔ ۔ ۔
33 minutes ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service