Semester “Fall 2010”
“SME Management (MGT601)”
Assignment No. 01 Marks: 20
Answer the following questions:
Q#01 How do you see women entrepreneurs in Pakistani society - a developing nation; as
wastage of efforts or a real push in the growth of economy? Discuss.
NOTE: Read the reference article given in the “Download section.”
The article given here is for your assistance. You are advised to read it,
comprehend it, clear your concepts and attempt the given question. You can also
search and refer to other helping material according to your convenience rather
than sticking to this particular article only.
1. This Assignment can be best attempted from the knowledge acquired after
watching video lecture no. 1 to lecture no 10 and reading handouts as well as
recommended text book).
2. Video lectures can be downloaded for free from www.youtube.com/vu
Opening Date and Time October 26, 2010 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Due Date and Time October 29, 2010 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned
due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the
students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above
mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No
assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been
uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APAreference style” in Google and read various website containing
information for better understanding or visit
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking
for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but
watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than .doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…