Semester “Spring 2011”
“SME Management (MGT601)”
Assignment No. 01 Marks: 15
“Pakistan is the 6th most populous country in the world. Still, it is not able to produce required
capable professional and skilled people.”
Answer the following questions:
1. What necessary steps are required by the government of Pakistan to enhance skilled labour?
Give your suggestions
2. Do you think that SMEs and NGOs can also perform a positive role to solve this problem?
1. This Assignment can be best attempted from the knowledge acquired after watching
video lecture no. 1 to lecture no 10 and reading handouts as well as recommended
2. Video lectures can be downloaded for free from www.youtube.com/vu
Opening Date and Time April 14, 2011 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Due Date and Time April 18, 2011 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned
due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the
students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above
mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
· Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No
assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been
uploaded by the instructor.
· Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
· It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
· Use black and blue font colors only.
· Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA
reference style” in Google and read various website containing
information for better understanding or visit
· Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an
· Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for
· For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but
watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
· It has been submitted after due date
· The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
· It is in any format other than .doc (MS. Word)
· It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…