|Starting Date||Friday, May 28, 2021|
|Closing Date||Thursday, June 03, 2021|
|Question Title||Advertising options for startups|
SEMESTER SPRING 2021
Graded Discussion Board No.1
Due Date: June 03, 2021
Topic: Advertising options for business startups
Almost, all kind of business operations are backed by two basic modes i.e. conventional (brick and mortar) and online (E-commerce). Each of these modes has its own pros and cons and subsequent limitations. Conventional mode sees complete physical arrangements of inventory, packaging, selling, and advertising resources. On the contrary E-commerce has different resource requirements. Dynamics of business environment i.e. product type, market’s demographics, digital literacy, and business regulations decide the adoption of a specific task mode (online or conventional) for a particular enterprise.
Kaleem is a fresh business graduate and intended to launch his own business startup. He is planning to start a business of replica clothes of famous clothing brands in Pakistan. In recent years branded clothing has produced its own distinctive market among all the demographics in Pakistan. For advertising and promotion, Kaleem has to choose between conventional and E-commerce mode. The right choice of an advertising medium is critical to decide the marketing outcomes of Kaleem’s business startup.
In your opinion, which advertising mode will best suit to Kaleem’s startup? Online or conventional advertising mode!
Provide at least four arguments to support your answer. (1.25*4 = 5 Marks)
***Focus on the mentioned business type, target market and relevant deciding factors before writing your suggestive answer.
1. Keep you discussion with the mentioned scenario and irrelevant answers and material will not be graded.
2. Be careful from those blogs who are promoting cheating culture among our students and killing their creativity and critical thinking. Answers copied from such blogs will be straightaway marked as zero. Similarly any relevant or irrelevant material copied from internet sources will get the same treatment. It can seriously damage your grades.
For acquiring the relevant knowledge, do not rely only on handouts but also watch the course video lectures and read additional material available online or in any other mode.
· Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
· The GDB will open and close on above specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.
· Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
· Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. clear and concise.
· Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
· Books, websites and other reading material may be consulted before posting your comments; but copying or reproducing the text from books, websites and other reading materials is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be marked as Zero (0) even if you provide references.
· You should post your answer on the Graded Discussion Board (GDB), not on the Moderated Discussion Board (MDB). Both will run parallel to each other during the time specified above. Therefore, due care will be needed.
· Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
· You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email.
· Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
· For planning your semester activities in an organized manner, you are advised to view schedule of upcoming Assignments, Quizzes and GDBs in the overview tab of the course website on VU-LMS.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
Stay touched with this discussion, Solution idea will be uploaded as soon as possible in replies here before the due date.
Entrepreneurship---MGT602-GDB SOLUTION SPRING 2021//VU GDB SOLUTIONS
MGT602 GDB Solution Spring 2021
IN my point of view online advertisement is the best to suit
Kaleem's Cloths Shop. Online internet advertising can help your business grow. Benefits of your small business
advertising include attracting new customers and helping you sell more products and services to existing customers. When you do online advertising, your product will be known to
everyone and you will see that every visitor must come once.
There are many ways you can do online advertising, for example, you can add ads to your business through social media. Facebook, Instagram, and many others.
#MGT602 GDB 1 IDEA SOL SPRING 2021
Note Don't copy paste take Idea from it and make your own SOL
Online advertisement mode will best suit to kaleem startup because
o Online advertisement Mode of communication is through internet
o Approach to the customer is very fast and effortless
o Success of the campaign can be easily tracked and changes can be made accordingly
o New technologies being used making a lot of work automatic
o Not very easy to manage but yes comfortable than offline advertising as in online mind plays more
o The reach is increasing day by day but still a lot users to cover all over
o Interactivity here is a bigger attraction
o With rising technologies it has become easy to know your target audience behavior well
o Re-targeting here is much easier than offline
o In this it can be easily tracked that how many user saw the Ad
o On the maximum case ads are targeted to the relevant users
o You see so many ads that you forget maximum of them
o Location of the ad matters here but less than as in offline