Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

The case:

Sorbet pvt Ltd is an integrated engineering services and manufacturing company operating in Pakistan and Middle East. Company’s unique strengths enabled them to provide integrated package of services encompassing engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction, and commissioning & maintenance projects. The organizational chart shows a typical structure in a commercial organization. Sorbet functional areas include accounts, projects, marketing, human resources (HR), information systems (IS) and operations. Like other functional areas, the accounts department has three layers of management e.g. a director, a manager and three assistants. The accounts manager, therefore, has a span of control of three as he directly supervises three assistants.

Sorbet is currently facing the communication problem in its employees as it takes a long time for information to pass up and down the chain of command. Structure of organization enables top management to have a tight control over its subordinates. Those at the top of the management layer have more authority than those at lower end. Everybody in the organization knows their place in the organization and has clear roles and responsibilities.

Point to ponder:

Is the existing organization's structure appropriate? If not, suggest appropriate organizational structure that management can design. Give logical reasoning to support your answer.

Marks=20

Views: 4214

Replies to This Discussion

i think matrix structure he suit karta hay.

tomorrow is last date, hamain jald discuss kar k concept clear karna chahiye

hmm i also agree matrix structure suit krta hai

kab karen gen file upload kar dan ab kar b do

suitable to hai but U cant ignore the divisional Structure ,, bcoz the main point mentioned in the Q z that sorbet PVT co operates not only in Pakistan but in Middle east toooooo!!!

So according to me SBU structure is the best suited in given scenario!!!!

ab tum sub aqalmand to ho hi kr bhi lo gy G()()D luck All of u !!!

but yar hand outs mention hai k matrix structure contruction mein bhi use hota hai

O mery masoom bhai wo to aik exmple hai just !!! but if u nd saima umar r agree on this then go ahead both of u ,,, theak hai kr lo consider matrix ko hi.. but not me!!!

hmm chalein a bundle of thanks for your suggestion yar

ok tell how it suit to this situation as this is a multinational company also it provide integrated package of services encompassing engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction, and commissioning & maintenance projects

WE have very short time so have to decide now the rightstructure

SBU is fit for this company because it is working in different projects like constructions, engineering, maintenance, etc

matrix k SBU .........:/

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service