Mr. Fawad (a young entrepreneur) has a plan to launch a restaurant with the name “Café Amusement”. He is planning of setting the restaurant at Lahore Polo Club with state of the art equipment and processes, a distant place where the luxuriant green fields of Polo will further enrich the ambiance for clientele. Café amusement’s aim will be to become a most famous brand in the food industry by virtue of its quality food, services and refreshing ambiance. The main purpose is to provide comfort to its customers and employees. It proves that restaurant will mainly be for couples, families and business executives.
You are required to write a mission statement along with its key components for Café Amusement.
(Cover at least five key components)
Key components of a good mission statement are customer, products or services, markets, technology, concern for survival, growth and profitability, philosophy, self-concept, concern for public image and concern for employees.
> Mission Statements Mission statements are "enduring statements of purpose that distinguish one business from other similar firms. A mission statement identifies the scope of a firm's operations in product and market terms. It addresses the basic question that faces all strategists: What is our business? A clear mission statement describes the values and priorities of an organization. Developing a mission statement compels strategists to think about the nature and scope of present operations and to assess the potential attractiveness of future markets and activities. A mission statement broadly charts the future direction of an organization. An example mission statement is provided below for Microsoft. Microsoft's mission is to create software for the personal computer that empowers and enriches people in the workplace, at school and at home. Microsoft's early vision of a computer on every desk and in every home is coupled today with a strong commitment to Internet-related technologies that expand the power and reach of the PC and its users. As the world's leading software provider, Microsoft strives to produce innovative products that meet our customers' evolving needs.
Mission is the purpose of or a reason for organization existence. Mission is a well convincible statement included fundamental and unique purpose which makes it different from other organization. It identifies scope of it operation in terms of product offered and market served. Mission also means what we are and what we do. A survey in a North America and in Europeans corporation reveal that 60% to 75% have written or formal and remaining has no written or formal mission.
read lesson no. 5
Examples of Mission Statements of some Organizations:
1. Pfizer, Inc. (www.pfizer.com/main.html) Pfzer, Inc. is a research based global health care company. Our principal mission is to apply scientific knowledge to help people around the world enjoy longer, healthier and more productive lives. The company has four business segments: health care, consumer health care, food science and animal health. We manufacture in 39 countries and our products are available worldwide.
2. Chase Manhattan Corporation (www.chase.com) We provide financial services that enhance the well being and success of individuals, industries, communities and countries around the world. Through our shared commitment to those we serve, we will be the best financial services company in the world. Customers will choose us first because we deliver the highest quality service and performance. People will be proud and eager to work here. Investors will bury our stock as a superior long-term investment. To be the best for our customers, we are team players who show respect of our colleagues and commit to the highest standards of quality and professionalism, Customer focus, Respect for each other, Teamwork, Quality and professionalism.
3. Food Lion, Inc. (www.foodlion.com) The Food Lion team will work hard to use our talents and resourcefulness to satisfy every customer by providing Extra Low Prices on a wide variety of quality products in a clean, convenient and friendly environment.
4. Apple Computer (www.apple.com) It is Apple’s mission to help transform the way customers work, learn and communicate by providing exceptional personal computing products and innovative customer services. We will pioneer new directions and approaches, finding innovative ways to use computing technology to extend the bounds of human potential. Apple will make a difference: our products, services and insights will help people around the world shape the ways business and education will be done in the 21st century.
5. AT & T (www.att.com) We are dedicated to being the world’s best at bringing people together giving them easy access to each other and to the infomrait5on and services they want anytime, anywhere.
6. Corning, Inc. (www.corning.com) Our purpose is to deliver superior, long range economic benefits to our customers, our employees and our shareholder and to the communities in which we operate. We accomplish this by living our corporate values.
7. Nicholls State University (College of Business)
The principal mission of the College of Business is to prepare students to participate in society and the work force as educated individuals able to compete in a dynamic global economy. In order to enrich the learning process, the College also contributes to scholarship through applied research and instructional development. In addition to providing support to the employer community through the development of marketable skills in potential employees, the College also enhances the competitive capabilities of regional businesses by providing continuing education courses and consulting services through the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the individual efforts of faculty. The faculty advances the welfare of the University, the community and academic and professional organizations through professional interactions.
Please Discuss here about this GDB.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
i need guidelines for mission statement for GDB 1 OF mgt 603
question in GDB about the restaurant. so i think mission...................
thankies noorah !!!
ab kya krna hai?
kisi aur ne to kch b share nai kiya
"To be the absolute best at what we do and to make Mama proud in so doing."
Our mission is to be the restaurant of choice because we have honored the legacy of "Mama". We will strive to exceed our guests' expectations and provide a warm, pleasing dining experience just as Mama once did for her family. To achieve this end, we must hold ourselves to the highest possible standards of excellence for service and food. We will dedicate ourselves to these values and principles. We will be committed to developing leadership skills and to encouraging empowerment of our employees, just like Mama raised her kids. We will embrace the challenge of constant self-evaluation to improve our performance as both the restaurant and employer of choice. Our goal is simple:
TO BE THE BEST AT WHAT WE D