Assignment No. 01
Strategic Management (MGT603)
This is to inform you that Assignment No. 01 will be opened on November 25, 2015 and due date of assignment submission will be December 01, 2015.
A 24 hours extra/grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies; and above mentioned due date should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
SEMESTER FALL 2015
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT (MGT603)
ASSIGNMENT NO. 01
DUE DATE: 01 DECEMBER, 2015
The students are expected to learn about mission statement and its evaluation on the bases of its
After going through this activity, the students would be able to identify various components of mission
statement that are applied in evaluating an effective mission statement according to the evaluation
The importance of vision and mission statements to effective strategic management is well documented in the literature, although research results are mixed. Rarick and Vitton found that firms with a formalized mission statement have twice the average return on shareholders' equity than those firms without a formalized mission statement; Bart and Baetz found a positive relationship between mission statements and organizational performance; Business Week reports that firms using mission statements have a 30 percent higher return on certain financial measures than those without such statements; O'Gorman and Doran, however, found that having a mission statement does not directly contribute positively to financial performance. The extent of manager and employee
involvement in developing vision and mission statements can make a difference in business success.
Because a mission statement is often the most visible and public part of the strategic management process, it is important that it includes all of these essential components. Components and corresponding questions that a mission statement should answer are given here.
1. Customers: Who are the firm's customers?
2. Products or services: What are the firm's major products or services?
3. Markets: Geographically, where does the firm compete?
4. Technology: Is the firm technologically current?
5. Concern for survival, growth, and profitability: Is the firm committed to growth and
6. Philosophy: What are the basic beliefs, values, aspirations, and ethical priorities of the firm?
7. Self-concept: What is the firm's distinctive competence or major competitive advantage?
8. Concern for public image: Is the firm responsive to social, community, and environmental
9. Concern for employees: Are employees a valuable asset of the firm?
1. You are required to give mission statement of any company (national/multinational) of your own choice and evaluate this mission statement according to the evaluation matrix given in figure
1.1. Evaluation (Yes or No) must be done on the basis of the nine (9) basic components
thanks for sharing assignment here , me k pash open hi ni ho laha tha :x
Asif sir yeh components k liye aisy table bnaye gy k ni simple write hi kry gy???
best to follow the pattern
Asif bhai, Thanks for starting the discussion
read the nestle mission statement and comment it, if you agreed with me/ no.
Sir Its the complete Solution????
Plzzzz tell me?????
To be a leading, competitive, Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company delivering improved shareholder value by being a preferred corporate citizen, preferred employer, preferred supplier selling preferred products.
Nestlé Pakistan subscribes fully to this vision of being the number one Nutrition, Health, and Wellness Company in Pakistan. In particular, we envision to;
• Lead a dynamic, passionate and professional workforce – proud of our heritage and positive about the future.
• Meet the nutrition needs of consumers of all ages – from infancy to old age, from nutrition to pleasure, through an innovative portfolio of branded food and beverage products of the highest quality.
• Deliver shareholder value through profitable long-term growth, while continuing to play a significant and responsible role in the social, economic, and environmental sectors of Pakistan.
Mission statement explains the current and present position and activities of a firm.
Mission statement answers the questions what is our business?
Vision statement explains the future objective and goals of the company.
The vision statement answer the question what do we want to become?