We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

Case Study

Paternalism?No Thanks

Joan Charleson and Robert Ewing were classmates in high school. After graduation Joan went to work as acashier for a bank, while Robert got a job in an insurance company. Both organizations offered theiremployees free tuition at the college of their choice. The only restrictions were that no more than two coursescould be taken per term and that the employee had to have a grade of B or better to qualify forreimbursement. In addition, both firms had excellent employee benefit programs, including free dental careand retirement after 20 years at one-half the average of one's salary over the five years before retirement.

Joan was surprised at the high degree of paternalism exercised by both the bank and her boss. He was alwayslooking after his people, making sure everything was going all right, and keeping track of what everyone wasdoing. While Joan initially liked this approach, she soon tired of it. She felt there was not enough freedom toexercise her own judgement. As a result, she asked for a transfer to another department. However, thingsthere were basically the same. Although this upset her, Joan stayed with the bank. She took three coursesevery semester (paying for the third one herself) and every summer, so that at the end of four years shefinished her bachelor's degree in accounting and began looking for another job.

While reading the "help wanted" columns, Joan noticed that Robert's company was hiring new accountants.She called Robert and the two of them had lunch. During the meal Joan asked Robert how he liked theinsurance firm. He painted a glowing picture. In particular, he told Joan about the benefit program andleadership behavior of the managers. However, it seemed to Joan that Robert's firm was very much like herown. What particularly disturbed Joan was Robert's comment that he was in no hurry to finish his degreebecause raises and salary promotions were tied most heavily to time on the job and not to educationalrequirements or personal drive.

After interviewing with a half-dozen companies, Joan took a job with a large accounting firm. She told herfather, "This company doesn't baby you. It's perform or get out. I'm going to be on my own, and I like that. Idon't need extensive benefit programs, I need the chance to succeed on my own. My new boss is a realparticipative management type. He tells me what needs to be done and relies on me to do it. I'm going to likeworking for this new firm.

"Note: Each question carries equal marks.

Questions

1. Contrast the leadership behaviors of Joan's old boss and her new boss.

2. Is it possible that both bosses are effective in their jobs? Explain.

3. Would Joan like a laissez-faire leader?

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 156

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Please Help... Tomorrow is the last date of this assignment

Question No. 1:-

Mix the Characteristics of Participative leadership and laissez-faire leadership. i.e.

Old Boss:-

Complete command over the work force.

Less trust on employees.

Sharing data but final authority keeps with him.

Interfere in the official matters of employees.

New Boss:-

Give free hand to the employees.

Employees think upto their own thinking level.

More trust in the workforce.

More cooperation.

Question No. 2

Yes I agree, because both are valid in their own respective areas. They have their own strengths and weaknesses. Only the need is that to understand how they are being used in the work force……………………………… (further explain)

Question No. 3

No she would not like laissez-faire in future because she wants success and in laissez-faire leadership mostly managers are not aware that who deserve promotion. Because they work collaborately in the form of groups. They are given free hand and they can not get appreciation from their managers individually. So in future she would be fed up. …………………………          (further explain)

PLEASE DON’T COPY IT IS MY ORIGINAL SOLUTION, AND IS ONLY FOR GUIDELINE.

THANKS FOR THE CO-OPERATION.

Tariq bhai kya yahi solution hy MGT 611 ka b?
Tariq Bhai plz MGT 611 ka solution upload kr dain aaj bonus day he

1. Contrast the leadership behaviors of Joan's old boss and her new boss.

Old boss less trust on his employees’ and complete command over the work force. While new boss more trust in the workforce and more cooperative.

Joan’s old boss gives the same task to her at one level. Joan thinks that she does not explore her knowledge, does not improve the computational skills and does not polish her abilities in a limited duty. Her boss gives his own ideas and thinks that his work is doing better. He does not get the freedom to the Joan to present her ideas. He does not take any other employee’s ideas and don’t want to become change. This is a drawback and this attitude can not give the high level success of achievement to the organization.

She thinks that she needs to get new task to bring new change in her performance. She wants to become change in her activities. She thinks that one work get bore and tired after a period of time and this can not get chance to travel around. While her new boss is a real participative management and he likes new discoveries new innovations and new ideas. Joan also want to get explore herself in a professional field. She wants to bring new packages, new styles and new actions of change. And these are the necessary keys or the growth of an organization.

2. Is it possible that both bosses are effective in their jobs? Explain.

Yes both they are effective in their jobs because one or old manager is effected at his job in both negative and positive way. He did not take the new ideas and employee’s ideas so he can not get explore his business it will affect negatively. But he will expert in that field and will perform it easily but could not take it virtually.

While new boss is also effective in his work because he will take risk and brings new ideas for the success of organization. He will prefer the employee’s ideas and suggestions.

3. Would Joan like a laissez-faire leader?

No she would not like laissez-faire in future because she wants success and in laissez-faire leadership generally managers are not conscious that who merit promotion.

With her old boss, Joan’s not like laissez-faire, but Joan is like a laissez-faire leader with her new boss because this leadership style allows followers to have complete freedom to make decisions. And Joan wants to get freedom in her decision taking and to want to get explore her ideas which can take the organization at the top level of world.

This style also called the delegative leadership. This style is an effective to use when

An employee has vanity in his/her work and the coerce to do it successfully on their own.

Please don’t Copy it’s my original solution

It’s just for help…

Remember me in your prayers..

thanx alot tariq bhai.... thanx million

Abstract:

There are laws relating to transfer of possession of goods one is “Bailment”, it is a technical term of the Law, it involves change of possession and other is “Pledge”, it is the bailment of goods as security for payment of a debt or performance of a promise is called “pledge”. Both these concepts are similar but not identical at the same time. Please Differentiate between the Law of Bailment and Pledge?

Case Study

Scenario.01
Husnain Car leasing Services delivered an automobile to Baqir Auto Repair Ltd. for repairs, and Baqir Auto Repair, by way of a sub-bailment, placed the car with Mustafa Engineering Services to have some specific work done on the automobile. If Mustafa Engineering Services negligently damaged the automobile while it was in its possession.

Who will be liable to whom? and How? Explain Briefly.

Scenario.02
Ali has a PKR.300,000 National Savings Scheme Bond and wishes to borrow PKR.180,000 from his bank to purchase a 800 CC Mehran Car.

Is this a case of Bailment or Pledge?

Can Ali take his bond to the bank and use it as security for the loan?
If yes what can bank do in case of non-repayment?
The Requirement:

Keeping in view the above case and the abstract, you are required to write down the potentially correct answers of both Bailment & Pledge case studies given above

Sloution:

Bailment

The act of delivering goods for a special purpose is termed as bailment. The person who is delivering the goods is called a bailor while the person who receives the goods is referred top as a bailee in the contract. The goods that are transferred in this manner shall be returned to the owner upon completion of the purpose of the contract. The point to be remembered in this kind of transaction is that ownership of the goods does not get changed. In bailment, only goods are involved, and all movable items apart from property and money come under bailment. Thus it is clear that when you keep money in a bank account, it does not come under bailment.

Pledge

But, if a person keeps his gold or other valuable items in a bank locker or with a money lender in exchange for a loan, he is making a pledge to the money lender or the bank that he will return the money and get back his valuables. This is deemed as a kind of bailment and all conditions that are applicable on a bailment apply in such a case also. Bailment for security can be termed as a pledge. You are keeping your valuables with the money lender as a security against the loan and also making a pledge to pay back the money. To your pledge, the money lender agrees to keep the valuables as a security. In this special type of bailment where goods act as a security for payment of loan is called a pledge.

RSS

Today Top Members 

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service