SEMESTER FALL 2013
PRODUCTION/OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (MGT613)
ASSIGNMENT NO. 01 (NON GRADED)
DUE DATE: 21ST NOVEMBER, 2013.
MARKS: (THE ASSIGNMENT IS NON-GRADED & BEARS NO MARKS)
TOPIC: Production/operations management
Pakistan has been the major supplier of sports good all over the world. The sports good manufactured in Sialkot are exported in many countries and earn a big chunk of revenue for the country. Over the years, the industry is in crisis and day by day its share in the country’s GDB is minimizing because of many domestic and technical reasons. At this critical juncture The Star Sports have started their business and it is the major
manufacturer of footballs and football gloves. In a very short period of time The Star Sports have captured a big share in the local and international markets. Now it’s at neck to neck position with other big exporters like Saga and Sublime sports. Owing to your subject knowledge as a production/ operations knowledge answer the following questions.
1. Discuss the factors that have helped Star Sports to gain a major share in the local and international market.
2. As a Production/Operations Manager what can you do to make forecasting more accurate?
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
1. Begin with reasonable expectations. Forecast accuracy is limited by the nature of
the behavior we are trying to forecast – its forecastability. Perfect forecasting is not
possible, so don’t pursue that ideal.
2. Discover the appropriate way to benchmark the accuracy level you should be
attaining. Industry benchmarking can be fruitless; benchmarking against naïve
forecasts may be the better choice.
3. Identify waste and inefficiency in the forecasting process. FVA analysis shows you
which process steps improve forecast accuracy and which do not.
4. Use FVA analysis to compare the results of a naïve forecast against a statistically
generated forecast, the forecast with analyst override, and the forecast that is
ultimately approved by senior management.
5. If good software can give you reasonably good forecasts with little or no
management intervention, trust in the software and invest that management time
in other areas that can bring more value to the company
ust an idea for understanding according to my view point.
Question No. 1
Factors that have helped Star Sports to gain a major share in the local and international market are:
1) Time Frame
2) Peer's eyes on competitors
3) Product Quality
4) Business Plan
5) Least Product Price
6) Business promotion strategy.
tehrim thanks for shairng
the assignment is non-graded and bears no marks, is it important to submit?
anam ap ki apni wish pa hai k ap send karti k nai ..baqi is ka ap ki grading ma kuch asar nai hu ga
ok thanks :)