+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
Topic: “Productivity Constraints and its Remedies”
After going through this activity, the students will be able to learn about production enhancement measures. The students will be able to design solution to critical production issues, hurdles or constraints faced by organizations.
• The students will be able to grasp the prospect productivity enhancement measures used in the field of production/operations management.
• The students will be able to grasp different production constraints and how to develop their remedial actions for enhanced production by organizations.
The textile industry is one of a major contributor to total Pakistan exports. The Pakistani textile products are exported to America, Europe and many other countries of the world. The textile manufacturing units are adhering to applicable international standards. The textile units have been struggling for maintaining their international market share and to meet the local crisis they have been facing for last many years. At international fronts, they have to face severe competition from countries like India, Thailand and, Bangladesh. At local fronts, manufacturing units are struggling against energy scarcity in terms of electricity and gas shortages.
Suppose you are currently appointed as Production Manager at Ali Textile Ltd., which is a newly installed textile unit in Faisalabad. Keeping in mind the above scenario and knowledge gained from this course, answer the following questions:
1. What distinguishing measures the company should take in order to tackle cut throat competition from local and international rivals?(Marks: 5)
2. What strategy the company should adopt to meet gas/electricity shortages w/o compromising on quality, cost and, production capacity.(Marks: 5)
SOLUTION GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Your answer must not exceed 800 words (400 Words for each question).
2. Solution of both questions should be brief and very concise.
3. Irrelevant information should not be provided.
4. Statistical information, graphs and figure are not necessary.
5. References (if any) must be provided in APA format in the end.
6. Solution copied from any source will be treated as “Zero”.
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS‐Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various websites containing information for better understanding or visit the following link:
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS‐Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint,
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Discussed & be touched with this discussion. After discussion a perfect solution will come in a result at the end.
For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.
For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.
Or visit this link
Please Click on the below link to see…
P.S: Please always try to add the discussion in proper format title like “CS101 Assignment / GDB No 01 Solution & Discussion Due Date: ___________”
Determine and isolate critical (bottleneck) operations
Develop methods for productivity improvements
Establish reasonable goals
Get management support
Measure and publicize improvements
Clearly differentiate between productivity and efficiency
Increase capital formation by saying no to foreign goods. This would increase savings and decrease consumption. Foreign goods only make why to a market if there is high consumption
Decrease in administrative ( non productive) regulations of the government. Self explanatory.
Right balance between Services and Manufacturing activities. In the city of Lahore, there is an availability of surplus services, which is often less productive than manufacturing operations
An emphasis on both long term and short term objective based performance. (Closely monitor and audit the variances between planed and actual results).
Exploit the inherent resources of domestic market .Let it be known to all that the best productive market for Pakistani Producer is Pakistani market.
Reduced operating costs and expenses
Improved workplace synergy
Improved operational control
Improved business reputation and branding
Note : If you found any mistake then correct ur self I m not responsible in case of zero marks