MKT530 Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion Due Date: 10-12-2020
SEMESTER FALL 2020
Assignment No: 01
Opening Date: December 4, 2020
Due Date: December 10, 2020
Total marks: 10
Topic: Exposure (Perception)
To make students able to understand the concept of exposure and product placement.
After attempting this activity, students will be able to identify different media where brands/products can be placed to gain maximum exposure.
Media (TV, the Internet, magazines, billboards) exposure is a great concern for marketers due to the increasing rate of consumers’ ad avoidance. In response to the growing tendency of consumers to avoid ads, marketers are increasingly seeking to gain exposure. One of the many ways to gain exposure is by placing the brands within entertainment media such as in movies, seasons, dramas, and TV programs, in exchange for payment or any other consideration. Such brand placement provides marketers with the exposure that consumers do not try to avoid as the placement is well integrated with the scene. It shows when and how to use the brand together with enhancing its image. The product/brand manager or brand placement agent meets with the scriptwriter and approves the script with optimal placement of brand within the scene. One example of best brand/product placement is when the Cornetto by Wall’s ice-cream was featured in Karachi Se Lahore movie in most of its scenes and even in a song. In different occasions in the movies, the lead character is seen eating ice-cream, perfectly blended in the scene.
Besides brand placement in movies and dramas (as discussed in scenario), what other unique media do the marketers seek to gain media exposure which consumers cannot avoid.
• You are required to mention at least three media. (6 marks)
• Give an example of brand placement by marketers to gain exposure by at least two media. (2+2= 4 marks)
• You can also add relevant and self-explanatory pictures (if any) with examples (add only one image per example).
• Take help from internet for collecting the information only. Copying and using synonyms will be marked zero.
• Carefully watch relevant lectures and consult the relevant material from handouts along with recommended books.
• Attempt the assignment by yourself and it will be entertained positively.
• Grace period of extra 24 hours after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above-mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.