CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAMS
GDB # 2
• The primary objective is to generate a discussion on the importance of customer loyalty programs in providing benefits to customers or companies.
• Students will be able to understand the importance of customer loyalty programs and how businesses offer these loyalty programs/schemes to benefit their customers.
Instructions to attempt GDB:
• Do not copy information from the internet as it is not required.
• Attempt the GDB by yourself and it will be entertained positively.
• Answer should be relevant and do not copy/paste from any website otherwise it will be marked zero.
• Case is opinion based so provide your best output with justifications.
• GDB received after the due date will not be considered.
Due to the emerging and improved technology in retaining the loyal customers, customer loyalty programs are becoming extremely popular among retailers. Most of the retailers are using loyalty programs at a very basic level as these loyalty schemes take many forms such as rewards cards and pay-for-membership cards for stores. Such loyalty program/schemes can be extremely beneficial in many ways, like helping a retailer to do a market research, set different pricing strategies, and decide whether and where to open new branches/stores. An increasing number of retailers are opting for the customer loyalty programs, but many of these do not provide quality equally. Such programs/schemes more often fail and the some bear this out.
On the other side, if a customer joins these loyalty schemes, he will have a wallet full of cards. And, when everyone will be having one card, then prices are increased by the companies to cover the costs of the discounts (like pizza coupons, nobody pays retail for pizza etc). Thus, a customer asks for only a discount and refuses to carry a pocket full of cards and pays more.
Considering the above case, what do you think that who is the real beneficiary of such programs; Customer or Business? Support your position with at least three arguments?
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
who is beneficiary Customer or Business
plzzz discuss about this case..?
According to above scenario the only beneficiary are the business class either its the retailer or the companies which provide the supply of goods to the retailer who further play with such schemes
following are the three arguments in this regard
1)Firstly the retailers add such discount schemes on such goods or supplies which are rarely bought or to boost their business or to attract custom.
2) Secondly retailers put discount for some days to soar out business as many of the good not sold are the loss for them.
3) thirdly due to robust trend of fashion in business industry companies accelerate their product demand by lowering the cost of goods
Please Discuss here about this GDB.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
MKT610 - Customer Relationship Management GDB No. 2 Solution Fall 2015 Due Date January 25, 2016
|Starting Date||Wednesday, January 20, 2016|
|Closing Date||Monday, January 25, 2016|
|Question Title||Customer Loyalty Programs|
CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAMS