• How the campaign for the demand of Pakistan was progressed under Quaid e Azam? Justify your answer with any five points.
Answer: Quaid e Azam was one of greatest leader in the history of indo-pak Subcontinent who changes the history of the Subcontinent. Quaid e Azam was proved a history making personality. Quaid e Azam fought for the freedom of the Muslims. After the long struggle of Quaid and his companion, they successfully achieved their goal. To achieve the goal (Pakistan), Quaid violate the spirit of patriotism. In the leadership of Quaid the campaign for the demand of Pakistan was gradually progress. How this campaign progress, the points are following.
1. After joining the Muslim League in March 1916, Quaid e Azam start working for the Muslims right. He demand for the one third seat for Muslims, constitutional Reforms in NWFP, separatism of Sind from Bombay and many other from British government. Quaid e Azam knew if these demand were accepted, they will give up separate electorate. This kind of demand were enough to told the British government that Muslims are a separate nation and they have equal right as Hindus have.
2. In 1928, Congress called All Parties Conference for the constitutional proposal for the Indian Constitution. They appointed 10 members in May 1928 under the Chairmanship of Motilal Nehru and Secretary ship of Jawaharlal Nehru. Their recommendation that threatened Muslims interest are:
• No separate electorate
• No one third seat
• No reservation of seat for Muslims
This kind of congress proposal hurts Quaid and Muslims. This is the very moment
Jinnah remarked “it is parting of the ways” He presented the famous 14 point as a
Muslims and some of the points are following:
• Federal system with residuary power
• Provincial autonomy
• Separate electorate for Muslims
• One third seats for Muslims
• Muslims representation in govt. jobs
And many more
3. In 1930, 1931 and 1932 Roundtable Conferences were held. In 1st conference,
Many prominent Muslims like M.A.jinnah, Sir Shafi, Maulana M.A Jauhar,
Zufarullah Khan participated. They emphasized federalism, self government,
Safeguard for minorities, separate electorate and etc.
In 2nd Roundtable Conference Iqbal, Jinnah and other Muslim leader were
Participated. Gandhi represented the congress. The key issues of the session were
“Federation” and “Minorities”.
In 3rd Roundtable conference, no one can participate. But during these conferences,
Prime Minister Ramsay MacDonald announced the communal Awards:
• Separate electorate for all minorities
• Weightage to minorities
• No Muslim majority in Punjab and Bengal as was followed in Lucknow pact.
• One third representation for Muslims in central legislature.
• One fourth representation for Muslims in service
• Sind to be made a Province
One this communal Award congress expressed strong reaction but these communal
Award show the success of the Quaid e Azam’s 14 point
4. After the election in 1937, congress ministries were established. They launched anti- Muslim drive basically to exclude the ML and the other Muslims organizations from the government making process. Quaid e Azam was aware about that kind of situation, so he appointed many Muslim leaders to kept eyes of Congress agenda. Quaid just wanted show the people who vote the congress leader, what they were going to do with them. Quaid and his party played an affective role of the opposition. They shed a sharp criticism on the congress policies. They created realization, amongst the Muslims, of what can happen under the congress rule and urged for serious thinking about the future political and constitutional arrangement. They unearthed the real objective of the congress and urged the need of unity among the Muslims under the banner of Muslim
5. Lahore Resolution was very important event in the history of Pakistan. The Lahore Resolution was moved by Maulavi Fazlul Haq and seconded by Ch. Khaliquzzaman that finally approved on March 24, 1940. Jinnah rightly expressed his valuable remarks about the political circumstances of India and the Muslims stand. He said
“Indian problem is not communal but international. No
Constitution can work without recognizing this reality
Muslims of India will not accept a constitution that
Establishes a government of the Hindu majority on
Them. If Hindu and Muslims are placed under one
Democratic system, this would mean Hindu Raj”
This Resolution set the destination and goal for the Muslims of the subcontinent. Then the Muslims start struggle more courageously and strongly. Quaid led them on path where their futures were safe and sound. They can live according their demand
• Why the First Basic Principals Committee Report (1950) became so controversial? Explain your answer with at least five points.
Answer: Constitution is the basic document in the handling of domestic affairs. Its sets out the framework for governance and exercise of power. It gives guiding lines of relationships among the federating units. Law making is always within its limits.
The Basic principles Committee (BPC) was formed which consist of 24 members to make the constitutional power. BPC announced his 1st Report in 1950 which became controversial. The issues which made this report controversial are following:
1. National Language …. Many people criticized on it because in BPC report , no mention of the national language
2. Religious people belong to other religions criticize because their objective was, the report contain nothing but Islamisation. .
3. On the question of representation, the East Pakistan (EP) protested that their majority had been denied by the report. They remarked that they were thrown into a permanent minority. Because the population of EP was slightly larger than West Pakistan but it was treated as the small province.
4. The politician particularly from the Punjab deplored the repot because of the Upper house (UP) on the basis of representation was not acceptable
5. The political leader also criticized on the Presidents right that he was not answerable to anyone, might be Muslim or non Muslim, would be assist by the Prime Minister .