We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
Semester Fall 2011
“Introduction to Psychology (PSY101)”
Assignment No. 01 Marks: 20
You are supposed to conduct a survey on following topic.
Purpose of this Survey
The purpose of this survey is to explore the smoking trend and smoking related behaviors.
Objectives of the Survey
The main objectives of the current research work are as follows.
1. To study the trend of smoking
2. To determine the age in which mostly people start smoking
3. To explore the contributing factors they may predict smoking habits of youngsters.
4. To highlight the factors which trigger one’s urge to smoke.
Select any 05 people who smoke cigarettes and get filled up the given questionnaire from them.
Place a check in front of age group:
____ 18 – 20 ____ 21 – 24 ____ 25 – 30 ____ 31 – 34 ____ 35 – older
i) Gender: _______ M________F
ii) Education: ________________
iii) Married ________ Unmarried___________
1) Does one or more of your parent(s) or guardian(s) currently smoke? ____ Yes ____no
2) If yes in number 1 and 2, how many members of your immediate family (parents, uncles,
siblings and grandparents) smoke? ______
3) Do you smoke cigarettes? ____ Yes ____no
4) At what age did you begin smoking? ____________
5) Why did you begin smoking? (Enlist three main reasons)
6) Approximately how many cigarettes do you smoke?
__________Cigarettes per day
7) What are the three main reasons you continue to smoke?
8) Name the three places you smoke most often.
9) What triggers your urge to smoke?
10) Have you ever thought about the health related problems caused by smoking?
______ Yes _____ No
11) Have you ever tried to quit smoking? ____ Yes ____ No
12) If YES, how many times? ________
13) Do you feel you could stop smoking whenever you wanted to? ____ Yes ____No
Note: You are supposed to get filled up this questionnaire and send the filled copy along
with your assignments as it contains 5 marks.
Instructions for report making:
Following are the steps you are supposed to follow while compiling your report.
Introduce your project. For instant you can write about psychological survey methods,
benefits of using survey research etc. Also write why you are conducting this survey.
Note: The words of introduction section should not exceed 100 words. (3 marks for
Illustrate the procedure which you adapted to conduct this survey.
Note: The words of this section should not exceed 100 words. (2 marks for procedure).
Prepare tables/pie charts to represent the percentage of your results.
(3 marks for tabular presentation)
This is the most important part of your report. Manage and analyze obtained data. Keeping in
view the “Objectives” of this survey, compile a comprehensive report according to the
acquired results and your analysis. (One single space typed page)
Note: (7 marks for report writing section but marking will be depend on the quality of
1. This Assignment can be best attempted from the knowledge acquired after
watching video lecture no. 08 to lecture no 09 and reading handouts as well as
recommended text book).
2. Video lectures can be downloaded for free from http://vulms.vu.edu.pk/
Opening Date and Time October 26, 2011 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Due Date and Time November 01, 2011 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned
due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the
students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above
mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No
assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been
uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA
reference style” in Google and read various website containing
information for better understanding or visit
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking
for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but
watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than .doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…
______________________ Good Luck ______________________
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
how can i insert 5 questionnairs in this assignment and how to make pie chart please help
plzzzzzzzz someone help me on psy101 solution..:( today is grace day...
VERY SIMPLE YOU FILL THE QUESTIONNARE FROM 5 SMOKERS
yes simple you fill the questionnare from 5 different pople and then make a combine project report.
ignore the 5 persons and gave your comments and ideas on that 5 persons in the form of a single project report
ok fine but tell me 1 thng k sb k qestion k separat form bnany pary gy plz reply me hurryy
plzzzzz upload the idea solution of the assignment plzzz some one help as soon as possible